Exercise + weight?

Discussion in 'Deadbear's Gym' started by seizedbyanger, Apr 30, 2011.

1. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

Heh, I gained about 120 lbs in less than three years due to a bunch of reasons, which is another reason this weights gotta go. It makes me feel terrible and I hate it so much, it just sucks because the initial (unhealthy) weight lost was done so quickly that now I have a whole new set of problems to deal with: old stretch marks and loose skin in my stomach and thigh area. :(

And thank you for all the tips, alternative.. the what I'm really trying to do is make a healthy lifestyle change that I can enjoy rather than just diet, which never works. :sunny:

2. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

You're welcome. :) Yeah, the important thing is to improve your lifestyle. As far as food goes, like I said, I personally think cheating occasionally(though NOT all the time) may even be a good thing. It keeps your mind from panicking that way, lol.

But it really is good to exercise regularly. To speak of myself for instance, I usually just tell myself my own routine is to exercise 6 days a week. That way, even if I miss a couple of days, I'm still working out 4 times a week which is fairly good in my opinion. Definitely better than none, lol. Again, I'm allowing myself to cheat a little bit there by not strictly following my own fitness plans. For me, it's really hard to work out 6 days a week due to work and such. But I tell myself to work out 6 days a week anyway, and some weeks I can pull it off depending on my overall schedule. When that happens, I'm usually pretty damned impressed with myself, LOL. But even if I can't pull it off, I still work out at least 3 times a week(unless it's the Christmas Season, then it's an entirely different story, lol) because, THEN, you have no excuse, lol.

Another thing is, I don't work out for hours and hours each day. I probably just put in less than an hour each day for exercising. Some days, I may need a little bit more time, other days less so. It all depends on what kind of exercise I'm doing at the time. But the important thing is to have a relatively flexible fitness workout routine so as to keep it do-able at all times. Otherwise somebody like me(haha) would soon give up, lol. :p But if you can handle something a little more strict, then it's definitely worth a try. You just don't want to do anything to hurt yourself, that's the bottom-line.

All the best. :)

3. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

good luck, seized! I've actually recently started doing the same thing. I began tracking my eating and exercise on myfitnesspal with my boyfriend. I have to say though, staying on track is much easier when you have someone to encourage and motivate you.

4. Lorraine68

Lorraine68 Guest

Hi,

If you feel sluggish and tired all the time than when yr trying to get fit than you probably arent' doing something right--like eating enough, or eating the right foods!
    Personally, I have lost almost 70 lbs over the last two years, thru a combination of healthy lifestyle and exercise, and recently a more extreme approach.

I have two resources that I would suggest to you, and they offer two very different looks at weight loss and fitness.
    If this is your first attempt at getting in shape, I would suggest a moderate approach to it, like a basic life-style change to being more active and making healthier choices about food. There is a good article on this at the following website, which provides some general guidelines about healthy eating that might help you. It is very important to make sure you're fueling your body, not starving it, when you're trying to get into shape. http://www.zambella.com/breville-juicer-reviews>
    Alternatively, a more extreme approach, which I'm looking at now that I'm just trying to lose the last few pounds and really take my fitness to the next level is the approach taken by Tim Ferriss--i think the website is http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/category/the-4-hour-body.
    He's someone who recommends a slow-carb diet to really take things to the next level. It's an extreme approach but does work. I've been using it over the last few months and have really seen a difference.
    And yes, you will gain a few pounds of muscle if you exercise a lot. But go by your clothing--if it fits more loosely, you've lost fat. My BMI is always skin-high because I am a very tall woman with lots of muscle--so my weight is high--but not because it's fat!
    Good luck!

5. ToFunToDie

ToFunToDie Senior Member

Eat whatever you want. Just exercise a shit ton. Or drop 500 cals a day. from your daily diet. And in a few months you will be down 15.

Or go play volleyball every night for 4 weeks. Worked for me.

6. charlesezell

charlesezell Guest

Different type of strength training exercises allot of people like to use the force of gravity where people trying to build their muscle strength,through the use of fitness gym equipment as dumbbells, barbell bars or other gym equipment.

7. charlesezell

charlesezell Guest

Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.