Excess Tats ??!!

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by meinNH, Aug 20, 2019.

1. meinNH

meinNH Members

What's with the overabundance of tats on mostly gals lately???
    It's getting almost commonplace. Some folks have no business showing off their art.
    Too much acreage!

2. Nwcc75

Nwcc75 Members

To each their own. I personally love every one of my pets 21 tattoos.

3. Pete1161

Pete1161 Members

Managed to get to 57 yrs without a tattoo but I like them on others as long as they are well done.

4. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

At end of the day its their body and so its not really my business .If I have a complaint then its about the standard of art work . I just think some people are getting ripped off by poor artists and its not that easy to get them redone .IMO too many so called tattoo artists have jumped on the band wagon . The better ones will show examples of their work before hand.

barefootPatrick likes this.
  5. Nwcc75

Nwcc75 Members

I couldn't agree more.
    The artist I go to has 1000's of pics of his work on his website, on Facebook, and in dozens of books in his shop. I think this is his 25th year in the business. He's also got dozens of awards from tattoo conventions and televised competitions covering his shop. Quality work costs!

6. barefootPatrick

barefootPatrick Members

I’m tattooed and have/had piercings also and I just want to say how right you are. If I meet other tattooed people in public the compliments are made and often the shirts start coming off- yes even in a store. Women/girls however can only raise their shirts so far understandably,and some of the work I’ve seen on them is outstanding.

7. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Eh, for me I think excess is once you're getting your face tattooed. Also not a fan of hand tattoos either, they always look like shit after a year or so. I have 3 now, but I do plan on getting more. Probably a sleeve at some point but I don't think that's too much. I don't get tattoos all the time because like someone else said, quality work costs. I always research the artist that's going to tattoo me, and if I can, I'll return to the same person. I got an excellent price and perfect work on my last one.

barefootPatrick likes this.
  8. barefootPatrick

barefootPatrick Members

Tattoos aren’t cheap. We have been going to the same person for years also. The work is outstanding so I don’t mind paying. Just have to wait and save up for them.

la Principessa likes this.