ewwww eww ewwwwwww

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by lynsey, Dec 29, 2004.

1. lynsey

lynsey Banned

no I am sure it was meat. the place I went to is a 'natural food' drive through that serve preservative free fast food, so I thought they would be more sensitive than other places about not letting vegetarian stuff touch meat. I just hate beef, I find it weird that people eat it and incredibly gross. no one I have ever lived with has even cooked it while I was home because they know the smell will make me lose my stomach. SO just because you may see it as oversensitive it doesn't mean that it's not valid to me:)

2. recentlysmackedpinat

recentlysmackedpinat Member

That's why I cook at home. I was like a soviet spy during each of my 7 kitchen jobs.
    I'd take note of how stuff was made, wrote down recipes on my break.. snuck steaks and frozen lobsters out under the apron cos I was poor, and took each experience as a chance to learn. So now I can make restaurant food in my own kitchen.. keeps the cost down, and then you know that there's no chance of a disgruntled line cook horking one into your fettucine alfredo.

It's the rush that I hated. I like to cook and take my damn sweet time.
    As opposed to a kitchen where some angry gay actor/waiter is screaming in one ear and calling YOU a useless faggot, and the manager screaming at you to hurry up in the other ear while your hand is in a bucket of ice chips after you lost your fingerprints on a searing hot pan handle. all during the dinner rush with the order-chits
    building up on the floor....

No thanks.

3. Revenant Phantasm

Revenant Phantasm Member

Thats STEALING

4. recentlysmackedpinat

Yes... yes it is.

What's your point? :)

5. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

recentlysmackedpinat~can you hook us up with some of your restaurant recipes?

6. recentlysmackedpinat

Absolutely.
    Here's a dessert recipe from my Livejournal
    .... basically, it's hot peaches over cold ice cream..
    It's one of things that are way too good to be so easy...and let me tell you..it's guaranteed to earn you some bonus-points every time.
    All you do is this...

- Take a can of Peach-Halves and drain the syrup, cut the halves in half.
    - put the peaches in a small pot/saucepan, with a lid.
    - throw in 3 shots of rum, and 1 1/2 shots of amaretto.
    - throw in 5 tsp. of brown sugar and 3 tablespoons of butter.
    - Cinnamon to taste (about 1/4 teaspoon.. sprinkle it evenly)

- Stir it all up, put on the lid and let it work up some steam on med-high
    for a couple minutes. When it starts to boil down, take off the lid and stir
    it occasionally until it thickens up into a nice dark syrup around the peaches.

- pour over vanilla ice cream, sprinkle w/ cinnamon and enjoy.

It smells great while it cooks. The aromas have the quality of an aphrodisiac.

7. luminous_times

luminous_times Member

thanks, come again...

8. juicy_redgirl

juicy_redgirl Daphney

Oh, warm peaches on ice cream is always tasty. :D

9. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I was a vegetarian for over 10 years. Bottom line? If you're so overly involved in what you eat, you should prepare all meals by yourself. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who opts to get food "on the road" gets whatever is dished out. Just because YOU'RE a vegetarian doesn't mean that others are going to be worried about you. I say the same thing to folks who keep kosher.

10. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

i bit into a piece of fingernail (like one of the pieces you clip off with nailclippers) in my pancake at ihop :(

they gave me the meal for free :H

there was a hair on each my friend and my plate too :(