Evolution, to a believer, must be seen as real, but not having a beginning, if God has life.

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by GreatestIam, Feb 17, 2019.

1. What is your premise, that life always evolves?

2. When and how did the beginning of evolution start?

Okiefreak likes this.
  3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Evolution makes you good enough. It does not make you into a super hero or continue to change DNA. If you breed you are good enough.

4. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Does God have life?

Regards
    DL

5. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

To show that all the Gods are man made.

What makes you think their is anything beyond nature?

Regards
    DL

6. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

I comprehend it. I discard it as idiocy just as most of the intelligentsia has over time, when they did not fear the inquisitors that is.

Thanks for showing the failure of your psycho babble.

Regards
    DL

7. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Regards
    DL

8. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Yes.

Regards
    DL

9. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

From your posts I wouldn't number you among the 'intelligentsia' - do you fear the inquisition? You seem to be very focused on them.

10. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

I do not fear the lower level inquisition that Christianity is now using against women and gays with their homophobic and misogynous teachings.

Can you explain why so called good people tolerate and supports such a vile theology/ideology?

Regards
    DL

11. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

I guess that like you, they buy into some twisted version of Christianity. Cut off from the light, their minds are darkened.

But as I said before, mostly in my country Christians tend to be liberal leaning.

Okiefreak likes this.
  12. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

As I said before, I regard the "supernatural" as that aspect of reality that lies outside our current scientific parameters. I'd define it as transcendental to emphasize this point. "Transcendent" would also include such phenomena as consciousness, life, the origins and ordered complexity of the universe, etc. It would also include such immaterial ideational qualities as justice, beauty, truth, freedom, equality and democracy. These intangibles are things humans give their lives for, but have no physical entitivity.

Why do you use the term "god" to denote ordinary humans, especially if you reject the concept of supernatural and are obviously so limited in your capabilities? What does that get you, besides a swelled head? Your kind of thinking is most frequently encountered in the literature on psychopathology.Kaplan, Harold I.; Benjamin J. Sadock (1972). Modern Group Book, volume 4. In Essays in Applied Psycho-Analysis, Welsh psychiatrist Ernest Jones, uses the term "god-complex" to describe a hyper-narcissistic condition of megalomania characterized by the perception that one is omniscient and omnipotent, and others as mere mortals. Narcissism is it? What is Meant by God Complex in Psychology? The person is highly dogmatic, regarding their own opinions as unquestionably correct. Jung used the term "Jehovah complex" to describe a similar condition of " egotistical self-inflation.". As I recall, you once offered a video of Alex Baldwin as Dr,Jed Hill--the ultimate caricature of someone with a god complex. And you seemed to be putting it forward as something good. Is this how people following your religious beliefs will end up?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    BlackBillBlake likes this.
  13. Well, then, I don't know if God would have to evolve. He could exist in some form beyond spacetime itself, where the end of all things is the beginning of all things and what not.

BlackBillBlake likes this.
  14. God has no beginning or end. It is unknowable at this point. Yet to be revealed

15. Is there such a being, though, that has no need and arguably not even the capacity to evolve to something greater, though, being the greatest there can possibly be?

16. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Where do you live?

Surely not the U.S.

Regards
    DL

17. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

Your brush is a lot wider than mine and I see you using the term supernatural on concepts foolish like what you name as foolish.

Ok. I am always working to keep my net bully in check and so I will not longer speak to you when you insult needlessly.

Regards
    DL

18. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

If such a God does not evolve. I cannot see how he could be called good.

If we look at Christianity and Islam, which resist evolving, we end with low level sins being punished by death.

I could be wrong but without knowing the moral tenets of that out of this time and space God, my opinion can only be lead by the examples in real time.

That is the thing about the supernatural. Whatever is said become speculative nonsense.

Regards
    DL

19. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

That would make everything that people say about the supernatural Gods speculative nonsense.

We should let all Christians and Muslims know that.

Regards
    DL

20. GreatestIam

GreatestIam Member

All life that we know of evolves and if God has life, he must. If he does not, he does not have life.

Regards
    DL