Evil scumbag traitor

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

2. redyelruc

redyelruc The Yard Man

I don't care much for this man but I do understand what he has said. An elected government cannot pander to the changing moods of it's electorate. After all, the public is very fickle.

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

But I thought in a "democracy," the government works for the people and not the other way around?

4. redyelruc

redyelruc The Yard Man

True. But the government was elected for a term and need to do what it thinks is right. They can't have a referendum or worry about polls every time they want to make a decision.

This is unfortunately the reality of democracy.

5. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

But when the elected lie and distort information, which is then presented to the public, to acheive their goals, it is a different situation.

6. redyelruc

redyelruc The Yard Man

I agree. Originally, I just pointed out that I understood what Cheney had siad in the OP's link.

One of the fact's of modern government is lying to your electorate. Show me a government that does not distort facts and use propaganda to achieve it's own means.

There are so many Americans and Brits who say that if they had known the full facts beforehand, they would never have supported a war. But would they have actively campaigned against it?

Government's rely on our apathy. And most people, in reality, don't care enough.

7. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Your "Democracy" is set up in such a lovely way that the government doesn't have to deal with the people, only with their representatives. It's that easy! Common now... join me...

USA! USA! USA!

8. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

Yeah, I agree, but I think this administration has taken it to a new level in several ways.

Cheney's nick-name "Dick" really fits him, I get mass evil vibes from him as well (rove too), my isp crashed after writing my first post, coincidence?

9. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

My cousin Matt once shouthed that while swinging a baseball bat at a homeless guy on our front porch. Shit was classic

10. mitten_kitten

mitten_kitten daisymae

It may be a democracy, but they will decide what the people want...do you really want that hillbilly on the toilet in front of his trailer to make decisions about the government?

You'd end up with laws forcing you to marry your cousins...

11. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Yes because then I could legally own a gun and drink beer and whiskey while walking around in public.

12. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

As a member of the elite, I truly believe the common people are too dumb to have any say whatsoever in national-state-and-local politics.

13. mitten_kitten

mitten_kitten daisymae

I suppose that would help the population problem with a bit of natural selection...

14. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

Its just that so many people have been opposing the war for so long. That hasnt really fluctuated. I feel like Dick Cheney really proved soem of PRs theories about the control of the gov. I feel like what was oozing out in his smirk was the fact that, he knows he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

15. fitzy21

we can do whatever the fuck we want

16. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

isnt it great hahaha

17. fitzy21

it is. i can't wait for my meeting with Dick and the rest of the gang at the end of the month. always a good party

18. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

19. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

Sounds like a blast! dont over drink it though, you dont want to slip your tongue to the commoners

20. Unknown American

Unknown American Rogue Capitalist

Cheney is but one of numerous traders in the US Government.

But there is another trader: the apathetic people of the USA. They have the power and they do not use it.

However the elite are in for a surprise. The more they tighten their fists on the masses the more people slip through their fingers.

The end game is not going to work out for them like they think it is. More people are aware of what is going on and are doing something about it.

It is this small minority of people that will beat the elite at their own game.

In truth the elites power is an illusion. Sadly most people believe the illusion and will suffer the consequences of trusting those in power.

After the elite loose their game it is the few people that have the real inner power that will bring hope to mankind.

I am an optimist.:)