Evidence of a Soul

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by McFuddy, Apr 18, 2018.

1. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Discovery of quantum vibrations in 'microtubules' inside brain neurons supports controversial theory of consciousness

This article is a couple years old now but it's pretty fascinating. Basically there is a theory that our consciousness, a soul, is stored in microtubules in the brain. They've detected quantum vibrations that corroborate the theory. Apparently this energy behind to release at death... If the person is resuscitated it seems to find its way back in.

Just interested in any thoughts anyone might have.

Meliai likes this.
  2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Simplified, energy never dies anyway, right?

3. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Apparently it's a 20 year ol' theory man. Personally I think as long as we keep relying solely on science for our answers to more metaphysical questions we're never gonna be able to find the answers. Ancient man seemed to understand spirit while modern man seems to understand physical. The two need to be combined not separate

wilsjane likes this.
  4. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I thought it was interesting because of the new evidence that seems to corroborate the theory.

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  5. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Yeah that's fair enough.

6. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Energy gets around everywhere, but is never born, much less, dies. Poor, poor, energy has no place to call home.

7. Moonglow181

and that would include ALL living things......or else it does not work, as far as i am concerned....:)...but yeah, interesting.....I am part of the trees, animals, ocean, air, universes......all of it. :)

To come back here reincarnated as an animal might not be that good, since humans are killing the oceans, air and so on....though...is another thought.
    We are choking the life out of the oceans, for instance.....Humans seem to be the only ife form thriving anymore....and that is very sad to me.

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Agreed that the two should be combined...but I personally think everything has a physical explanation. If the soul is real then it exists within the physical realm. Just because humans arent intelligent enough yet to formulate a scientific explanation doesnt mean one doesnt exist.

9. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

This is a subject that I could discuss for hours. Modern science understands less than 10% of the workings of our brain and even less about our DNA. I think that one day we may see how it all works and subjects such as reincarnation will no longer be regarded as mere mumbo jumbo.
    One of my teachers who I respected more than anyone else, told me that the human race is limited by our brain having no comprehension of infinity and without that, most science just falls apart outside its own little box. Like me he also questioned many of the accepted theories of evolution.

My mind twister for the day,..... Assuming that we all evolved from monkeys, why did some monkeys stop evolving and not move on to become human.
    Sounds like a stupid joke, but it is very thought provoking.

10. Running Horse

You may be right. For me though I've often had very personal experiences that felt as though they fell outside what we currently attribute to the physical & that leads me to believe that there is some sort of spiritual side to things. Don't get me wrong I certainly believe that they are irrevocably intertwined, we just have a hard time seeing the connections

When I've asked that very question to the couple actual scientists I've known they always just answered by rolling their eyes & saying "You really don't get evolution do you?"

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

We didn't evolve from monkeys. We share a common ancestor

MeAgain likes this.
  12. Running Horse

It's Bigfoot isn't it. I knew it man!!!

Meliai likes this.
  13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

yeah we have energy alright

it gets released back into the soil where it came from

you can speed up the process though and release most of it in the form of heat if you choose incineration

14. Moonglow181

^yeah, well, there is that, for sure.....and another way i tend to think, also...Most of my reincarnation wishes are for other living things ....and that is all it is...wishful thinking......most probably......

15. Life is energy. I think we give our worldly existence too much credit. We're basically zombies already that don't eat each other (usually.) We could eat each other if people weren't afraid of that. Zombies aren't afraid of that and they get along fine.

But yeah, what's important, the worldly existence of the energy of one's being? I dunno. I don't think you can boil everything down to quantum fluctuations in microtubules, though. It's probably a bit of the picture like everything else. Always new discoveries. Bigger perspectives.

16. Running Horse

If we consider the soul or spirit actually exists then would it not most likely be some form of currently undetectable energy & if it is energy wouldn't it be plausible that it like all other observed energy be constantly recycled? Isn't reincarnation a decent explanation for how it may be recycled?

17. Moonglow181

well, yes, so i have not ruled it out completely for that reason, either.....

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  18. Life is energy. I think we give our worldly existence too much credit. We're basically zombies already that don't eat each other (usually.) We could eat each other if people weren't afraid of that. Zombies aren't afraid of that and they get along fine.

But yeah, what's important, the worldly existence or the energy of one's being? I dunno. I don't think you can boil everything down to quantum fluctuations in microtubules, though. It's probably a bit of the picture like everything else. Always new discoveries. Bigger perspectives.

By zombies I mean that, energy being energy, we might as well be dead already, 'cause that's just energy too. What's the profound difference? It certainly isn't care for other living things. You've proven that.

19. Moonglow181

but once our star, or sun, collpases, and things still live here in this particular solar system.....we all go with it and blown out the other end......lol