Every time you move, you lose something

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Gone and forgotten, Mar 7, 2019.

1. or throw away. I one time threw away my cassette collection. Over 300 cassettes. I loved to make compilation tapes of my favorite songs. What have you gotten rid of?

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

When I left Australia with my partner to move back to Germany my dad told me to clean out my room.. I threw away all of my model collection. Some of the funniest times I had with my dad was making models as a young teen and even late teen we'd spend time making models, talking.. Learning about army vehicles together.

It hurt to put them in the bin but I guess it just had to happen. I tried not to think too much about it, I placed them carefully in the big green bin..

I wish I'd kept a few.

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there's probably not one thing i haven't, one move or another. probably the only reason i've stayed where i am as long as i have.
    if i had everything i've ever had to leave behind, i'd need twice the space i'm living in, just to store it.
    and i don't like leaving things behind either. just more then once, all i could keep was what i could carry.

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

if i lose/throw away anything during a move, it must not be anything that i cared about anyway because i can't think of anything that i've missed after moving. but i really don't think i get rid of anything either; i always just fill a box with the shit that i should throw away and then lug it with me, never to be removed from that box again.

5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

When I Moved, Back In Oct 2014...... I Threw Away.....Or Left..... A Lot Of Stuff I Wish I Hadn't.

First Time I Had Moved In My Life And Combined With All The Dramas Of Selling The Farm.....

And All The Problems My Brother Was Causing......I Was In A Spin......Nothing Of Great Value

Was Thrown In The Dumpster.....But Nearly Every Day I Think Of Something I Need Right

Now......If It's Important, I Buy A New One......Or I Just Carry On As If I Never Owned

The Article In The First Place.

They Say Moving Is The Most Stressful Thing You Can Do......And I Agree 100%

Cheers Glen.

6. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Not a problem for me, we have been in the same London house since 1887. It cost £250 then and is now worth about 2 million. CRAZY!!!!!!

7. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I moved one time and left behind my wife.....

Orison likes this.
  8. deleted

deleted Visitor

I dont move. But I throw a lot of things I dont use away. I dont like clutter.