Every Obama Smear Tactic Debunked

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MrFrosty, Mar 15, 2008.

1. MrFrosty

MrFrosty Banned

2. real_large

real_large Member

Yes!

I have been sharing this 60 Minutes interview with my friends lately.
    Steve Croft (the reporter) is a grizzled veteran and you can tell even he becomes like a student to Obama's mentor/teacher when Obama smiles at him and asks that question.

I'm going to slightly amend what you wrote, Frosty, cuz I think Obama's exact words to Croft are priceless. (Slight difference, but I think it's critical).

Croft had just interviewed a man from Chillicothe, Ohio who said he had heard Obama doesn't know the national anthem, is a Muslim, you know, all the bullshit circulating around redneck America.
    Cut to Steve Croft, seated, telling Obama face-to-face about what the man said.

Obama examines Croft, much like a teacher about to correct a promising but slightly misguided pupil ...

"Right. (pause) Did you correct them, Steve?"

For a nanosecond, a puzzled look crosses Steve Croft's face. He's being corrected, "redirected", and he is a little confused. He becomes a small boy, and is not sure how to respond. He grins and stammers ...

"I did"

Obama smiles. Pleased with his pupil.

"Well, there ya go."

Croft exhales. He has pleased his teacher.

Obama is a powerful dude. Those who doubt his charisma need only watch him speak to people, especially one-on-one. People want to please him. Imagine how he could handle world leaders.

People may hate my saying this, but I think this man is a hugely, historically transformative figure. One of those eagles that will soar momentarily/majestically -- then be destroyed (of course). JFK, Ghandi ...

Look at how many people are already trying to destroy him. And I'm cynical enough now to pretty much know they will succeed. Makes me sad.

3. pixeewinged

pixeewinged Visitor

4. real_large

real_large Member

Obama talked to Keith Olberman about this last night. He said we should understand that the preacher represents a generation of blacks who faced not only discrimination, but widespread (and accepted) racial violence. Thus, their rhetoric is harsher than someone from Obama's generation, who has more ability to work within the system -- largely thanks to the progress that the older generation of black leaders were able to make due to their militant approach.

I'm paraphrasing all this, of course. I'm sure there's video of the interview somewhere.

Of course, Obama explained all this logically and patiently. No sound bites of fake outrage, rehearsed one-liners; no snaps at Hillary to distract the spotlight from himself, etc. Thus, no one will pay attention to his explanation. Only the sound-bites from the sermons, taken out of context and strung together like a music video.

5. Rainbowtoke

Rainbowtoke Member

The only thing that is a load of bullshit is Obama himself. He's a pretty good actor but his bigot wife and his racist bigot pastor, whom he chose to stay with for 20 years and expose his children to have both been exposed for what they are. What makes you think Obama isnt the same way. Like I said this is a good act he's got but I'm not fooled. They are NOT people I want to represent the USA.
    Sound bites or not, what Rev. Racist Wright preached was racist and violent, and if Obama dosent agree with that Farrakhan/Sharpton trash then he should have left in 2001. Pfft...

6. real_large

real_large Member

McCain is just as guilty, kissing up to Falwell and the other wing-nut Christian right preachers.
    Remember Falwell? He's the preacher who told his followers that September 11 was God's punishment for gays, lesbians, feminists and abortionists. I'd call that pretty hateful stuff, too. But I don't hold McCain responsible for it, and I wouldn't expect McCain to apologize for it.

7. Rainbowtoke

Rainbowtoke Member

I dont like or trust him either and Hillary is just as bad as the rest. What are you going to do? I'm sure as hell not going to "hold my nose" and vote for someone I dont trust.

8. real_large

real_large Member

Bravo, Rainbow.

I personally find Obama pretty genuine. But I'm watching it slowly erode as "the game" starts tainting him.

Would he make a good prez? I don't know. But damn, brother, he can't fuck things up much more than they are. I'd like to give him a shot.

Coach: "Bring up that rookie prospect and give him a try. All the other pitchers are sucking, anyway. Let's see what he's got."

Often, the rookie doesn't live up to the hype and fucks things up just as badly as the veterans did. But sometimes, you find a star. Is it worth a try?

When you got nothin', you got nothin' to lose.

9. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I would like to see someone try and debunk the fact that Obama is an establishment yes-man; that he is a member of the CFR, that his foreign policy advisor is Zbigniew Brzezinski, and that the Rockefellers and big banks and transnational corporations are behind him.

I can see through Obama's facade. Unfortunately, most people cannot because they buy into all the media hype. They believe that a politician's polished image reflects who they really are.

When will people ever learn?

10. Rainbowtoke

Rainbowtoke Member

THANK YOU! I'm glad I'm not the only one to see right through this fake...

11. MrFrosty

MrFrosty Banned

What's the implication?

Id like to see someone explain why any of that shit is relevant. ALL serious presidential candidates are.

Stating his ties (Brzeninski has been around for decades) for someone is consistently accused of having 'no experience' he is surrounding himself with experienced people.

Is that a bad thing now?

12. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

you should real what the islamists say on youtube (the real ones not the kiddies), well i couldn't find it, but it was something like , "we will get the fasicst american pig out of iraq, I am in North Africa brother and hope to join the resistance in Iraq soon, with the help of Prince Obama we will conquer America"

13. Rainbowtoke

Rainbowtoke Member

I can surround myself with improtant and experienced people and still not know shit, just like Obama. His record speaks for itself, it shows he has done NOTHING. OPEN YOUR EYES! YOU ARE BEING HOODWINKED BY A CON-MAN.

14. real_large

real_large Member

All bullshit. Obama is not a Muslim. His mom is a white girl from Kansas and his dad was Kenyan. If his name was Billy or Frank we wouldn't be having this discussion. It's very superficial.

15. MotherLoveBone

MotherLoveBone Member

you can't be that stupid bro

16. acga5

acga5 Senior Member

he was raised in a muslim home, well the terrorists support him, he will basically declare defeat and surrender, thats his part :p, the war was based on bs intelligence(but i dont want to get into the WMD debate) and its a big mess, but running away now will just make it into an ever bigger mess

17. pixeewinged

pixeewinged Visitor

18. real_large

real_large Member

WOW! No TV. What would I do for a babysitter?
    Good for you, Pixie. I'd love to try to live without a TV.

19. Rainbowtoke

Rainbowtoke Member

Its not that hard really. I gave tv up a year ago. Its rather peaceful.

20. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

Anyone else find it strange that the Democrat party chose these two as front runners? This election should have been a slam dunk for them, but it's like they want to lose to McCain.