Ever seen a UFO?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Zanman, Jan 3, 2005.

1. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

Why would it matter to you, Kandahar? I am sure he pondered that point.
    It is like when I tell people about my precognitive dreams, or my fiance having an astral travel experience....they immediately question it.
    why?
    I sure as hell don't like being called a liar and a nutcase. That is all I have gained by sharing these experiences with others. Sounds like a poor idea to say anything, if what I get out of it is mockery and ridicule.

2. Zanman

Zanman Member

Kandahar plays a role, as his Moon in Virgo so well demonstrates! (He loves to parse everything just like all Moon Virgo people)

It is not an easy role Kandahar has taken though because it is much easier to go along with whatever nonsense people may believe to be true about the nether regions of existence, for want of a better term.

My sense is that if you have had an amazing experience then you should simply shout it from the hills and everyone be buggered. Of course the more delicate question is whether you are a loony or on some kind of drug or both.

Leave Kandahar to ponder his naval, but I respect his tenacity.

3. BlackGuardXIII

he could be a loony, and on drugs, and that doesnt mean he didnt see what he says he did.

I respect Kandahar too, he kinda grows on ya.

4. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

5. Kandahar

Kandahar Banned

If he had a hallucination, it doesn't necessarily mean he's a liar or a nutcase. It just means that he had a hallucination. Personally if I experienced something like being abducted by aliens, I would trust my reason before I would trust my senses (Occam's Razor and whatnot). Unless I had a video camera or some other kind of evidence, I'd probably write even my own experience off to hallucination.

There is a region of the brain largely responsible for spirituality, metaphysical, and religious experiences. I would think that many "alien abductions" fall into that category too. That doesn't necessarily trivialize the experiences, but it does indicate that there are psychological explanations available rather than metaphysical explanations.

6. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

7. BlackGuardXIII

Just curious what psychological explanation there is for precognitive dreams and astral travel?

8. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

9. BlackGuardXIII

There is much evidence to support that some reported visits were the same phenomena as the 'old hag' that used to visit and Paralyze people, hovering over their beds as they stared up, paralyzed. She was said to have a long white ghostly face. My old roommate used to sometimes get the sleep paralysis thing, where he could open his eyes but he couldn't move. He said it was freaky.

10. peaceband_chick

peaceband_chick Member

Ok. This is my take on the whole thing.

I believe there are advanced life forms in the universe, besides us. To believe that in the infinite universe, we are the only beings to exist is, to me, arrogant. I believe that they helped build the pyramids, and that ancient peoples had contact with them. Like some of the other people have said, why are they here, doing experiments on us, showing themselves? Maybe their race is for some reason dying out, so they are splicing our dna with theirs to make hybrids that have their intelligence, and our outward appearance. I think the reason they let themselves be seen here and there is to prepare us. There will come a time in the near future where they will start to show themselves more to us, and it will become know by everyone that they exist and are here.

As to the military base thing. Is it just the military doing top secret experiments, and they don't want the enemy to get the technology and that is why all the warnings and secrecy? I believe that our top officials in charge already know about the e.t's and are in contact with them. I think they are sharing their technology with us. Sidenote: I wouldn't be too surprised if some of our top officials were e.t.'s or hybrids of them.

As to the why are they here? Maybe it is like I said, and their races are dying. Or maybe they are trying to warn us about the state of the planet. Could be that with their technology they can somehow help us to find alternate ways to live and not pollute.

This is my take on things. Take it or leave it, but that's how I see it.

11. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I don't have any good scientific arguements, but I think I've seen a UFO before. I went to Marfa, TX and maybe those are created by man, but they are neat to see.

We watched some UFO special on TV and it had those lights on it. My cat, who was sleeping at the time and never pays attention to the TV, jumped up and started pawing the lights and meowing really loud like something was wrong. I think animals have a 6th sense.

That's the only opinion I have on it really. If there's other intelligence out there, cool. If not then mother nature sure is complicated!

12. Zanman

Zanman Member

That is one of the best "sum it up" quotes I have seen in a long time ... LOL

13. gdhmomchild

gdhmomchild Duct tape abuser

I know this was a ways back, but I have seen ball lightning. It was rather small and would come in my house via window about 1-4 ft, sometimes the line would by wavery.The only ufo's i've seen were tossed in the house by my kids. Here's a short fact page about ball lightning

http://www.amasci.com/tesla/ballgtn.html

14. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

15. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

When I was in Lancaster, CA I thought I had seen one. Turned out it was only the stealth bomber.

16. gdhmomchild

LOL, ditto on that duncan...at a fest near andrews afb...the frigging thing looked like it was doing a hover over the field.....very funny shit

*sings "Alien Abduction by The Recipe" *

17. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

18. gdhmomchild

LOL~* no shit! funny as hell too, to happen during a festival...2,000 high hippies...

19. astralgoldfish

astralgoldfish Member

I saw a bright light that zigzaged crazily across the sky, covering far, far mor space in a second than anything else I've ever seen once, but not for very long, I'm open to ideas, I don't know what it was. Pretty weird though, never seen anything to compare with it.

20. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member