Ever Just Feel Like Screaming?!

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by BeatinFeet69, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

I sure as shit do right now.

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

This Better Be Because You Stubbed Your Toe...... Because If It's Not......GLEN Is Going To "Kick Your

Scrawny Butt"...... Now If You Wish To Continue....Press 1....BUT.....You Have Been Warned...... :mad:

Cheers Glen.

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  3. Running Horse

That sure sounded like a scream. Let it all out man! :grimacing:

GLENGLEN likes this.
  4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

usually just when i'm playing video games. when legitimately bad things happen i just go numb.

but yeah, i don't want to know what my neighbors think of me when i'm gaming.

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  5. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I just go shopping. :D

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  6. Running Horse

Everybody screams in their own way. Yours is probably far healthier than mine

7. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Just Buy A Pizza.....And A Bottle (or 2) Of My Fave Wine......A Flawless Solution For Many Years... :D

Cheers Glen.

McFuddy likes this.
  8. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Ya know, break ups are hard. Sort of like a death of sorts. So it's normal to feel sad, anger, all those things. It will take time, so don't beat yourself up too much. (but that's normal too) lol

9. storch

storch banned

Are you, or have you ever been, into Zen?

10. Running Horse

Do not go gentle into that good night,
    old age should burn & rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
    Because their words had forked no lightning they
    Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
    Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
    And learn, too late, they grieved it on it's way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
    Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
    Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears I pray.
    Dylan Thomas

Meliai likes this.
  11. Running Horse

I've looked into it. A loose understanding at best

12. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yeah....in traffic jams.

13. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

14. storch

storch banned

Well, I'm going to pull this koan out and dust it off and put it on the table here. It helped me to put things in perspective when I was down and out.

A man traveling across a field encountered a tiger. He fled, with the tiger hot on his tail. Coming to a cliff, he caught hold of the root of a wild vine and swung himself down over the edge of the cliff. The tiger sniffed at him from above. Trembling, the man looked down, and there, far below, another tiger was waiting to eat him. Only the vine sustained him.

Two mice, one black and one white, little by little, started to gnaw away at the vine. The man noticed a luscious strawberry near him. Grasping the vine with one hand, he plucked the strawberry with the other hand. How sweet it tasted.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I decided that the tiger above represented birth--from which you cannot return. And I decided that the tiger below represented death--from which there is no escape. I decided that the vine represented our physical life force upon which we hang between birth and death.

I also decided that the mice represented time, gnawing away at the life force, making our appointment with the tiger below an inevitable conclusion; the fact that they were black and white pointed to the ever-present duality--up-down, left-right, this-that, happy-sad, and hence, life-death; can't have one without the other.

And I decided that the strawberry represented any and every thing that was in front of us in the now. With nothing to look back at and nothing to look forward to, the only thing that makes sense is to enjoy the strawberry in front of us; there really is nothing else--only the moment. Following that line of thought, I started seeing other humans as strawberries--some ripe; some not; some having gotten not enough sun, etc.

This might help you . . . unless you're allergic to strawberries, in which case you are truly fucked. :grinning:

GLENGLEN, BeatinFeet69 and McFuddy like this.
  15. storch

storch banned

Of course, there are alternate meanings to that koan. For example, it could be interpreted as meaning never cross an open field without a high-powered rifle, especially in tiger country. For, not only will you die kicking and screaming, but you'll also be forced to settle for just a single strawberry as your last meal. Pretty sad.

Or, it could be interpreted as meaning that one should never cross an open field in tiger country without at least a BB-pistol. If the guy in the koan had been carrying a BB-pistol, he could have removed those mice from the equation. After all, the mice were the real problem because if it hadn't been for them, the guy could have waited until the tiger above him got bored enough to seek food elsewhere, at which time he could have climbed back up and made his escape.

Also, given that those mice could have been off eating wild fruits, nuts, seeds, mushrooms, etc., it is obvious that they weren't chewing at that tasteless and nutritionless vine for sustenance. They saw the situation and knew what would happen if the integrity of that vine was compromised, and so they got busy with the compromising. Fuckers! What a warped sense of humor. The guy never did anything to them, so they both had a BB coming to them.

So I guess what I'm telling you is that you should start enjoying the strawberries in front of you, but just to be on the safe side, go get that BB pistol.

GLENGLEN and BeatinFeet69 like this.
  16. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Usually only for momentary petty reasons. Like the person walking slow in front of me with their head down staring at their i-phone. Or the person just standing on the escalator instead of walking down. I feel like yelling: "Move" or "Hurry the fuck up, i have a train to catch." lol Wait to i start running outdoors, which is very soon.

17. Pokemaster

Pokemaster Members

I feel like screaming but whining and complaining is one thing I dont really do because it's not in my nature.

BeatinFeet69 likes this.