Ever Hear of 'Astral Hearing' and 'Astral Sight'?

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Jimbee68, May 22, 2021.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

I actually read about it some time back, in a book on alternative medicine, of all places.

Astral hearing and sight. It's based on the notion, your body's spirit or astral body can surely hear and see when it leaves your body. So why not use it, especially when you suffer from deafness or blindness?

I was always skeptical of it. And I am even more skeptical now, especially since I am becoming more and more a staunch materialist. But it is interesting. And there have been alleged document cases of it.

In particular, I saw a case on TV, when I was still quite young, possibly in high school. There was this boy in another country, born without pupils. And because of an alleged miracle, he could now see. Me, I still don't know. But I recall, he was smiling at the camera, almost as if he was seeing now.

What do the rest of you think? And is there anyone you know that could benefit from it now? :)

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i made it to the final round in a dream shaping contest, someplace even beyond what i call the dream universe. does that count?

determinism is only statistical, but that is a real thing. but also don't forget that existence doesn't depend upon being known.
    (even the physical universe is wider then anyone imagines)

my caveat is that not everything that is possible is reliable and a lot of things are only better then nothing when they're all you have access to.

most of what is called "astral" is probably psyonics.