Ever feel like you're caught in your own life?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Lodui, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Purple_Pan_Man

Purple_Pan_Man Member

i got a 2 octave glass pan flute ill sell ya real cheapie like... just another dumb decision ive made.. a profoundly deaf guy can actually learn to play a new instrument... oh well...

2. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Ahh that's exactly how I've been feeling lately.. Then I took the easy step and soon I'm running away for a while. :p

I hope you'll find what you're looking for Spence. :D

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i know perfectly well what i need to chainge. what i don't know is the blessed heck to be ever able to do so. not at this point anyway. eventualy i'll think of somehting.

sometimes i think there are whole teams at work trying to insure preventing me from doing so. even if true they have no guarantee of success.

a world of creating and exploring will win out over a world of beating each other over the head and trying to impress each other eventualy. this i know because i've seen it come very close, just almost not quite close enough, to doing so several times.

that IS what real hippies were about. well the future doesn't belong to old names. the next wave will call itself/be called something else. just as we were from what came before.

=^^=
    .../\...

4. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

I teach all kinds of dancing. I've been dancing for 20 years...teaching for 11.

Ballet, tap, jazz, modern, hip hop, tahitian, hula, swing, salsa, African, Irish folk...blah blah blah...you name it, I've probably done it.

5. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

I like that. Unless you mean it literally in which case I'd suggest cardboard (holds up better in the rain).

:D Wow Lodui! Midlife crisis at 21. At that rate you should be a wise old man by 30 ;)

anytime I start feeling like my life doesn't quite fit I usually find it's because I'm trying to build some aspect of it (even if it's a seemingly miner one) around somebody elses values (parents, friends, society, one of the voices in my head...).

Not saying other people's values are unworthy, just saying they're not yours. It's hard to put your heart into somebody elses plans, even as a comprimise.

It's sort of like you're trying to paint a picture of something and every now and then someone comes by and makes a suggestion about what to add or leave out or what shade of what to use and, well intentioned or not, the moment you act on they're suggestions it's not really your painting anymore.

It might look OK, but whatever it was you had inside of you that you were trying to get out just got comprimised (it's pretty, but is it art?).

6. alex714

alex714 To the Left

Im having a mid life crisis at 21 as well....

I thought it was normal though....

7. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i think its normal for the most part...mid-life crisis at this age that is....

8. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

I got my trou snake all caught up in my zipper once

9. AshtonsMom

AshtonsMom Banned

haha about the kids....I think the meaning of life is just to be happy while you are here, and do the best that you can. but you are right about one thing, : "I don't really know what I'm looking for, but I don't think I've found it." I had a very wise person tell me one time to just quit looking and the answer finds you.

10. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

I'm having just that same sort of situation now...mid life crisis, but mine's a bit late at age 23 :)

11. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I think my midlife crisis is over for today, mostly cause I'm sleepy.

I'm sure I'll have this life thing figured out in the morning. [​IMG]

I'll be alright though, I'm young, great looking, smart, I've got lots of potential, and my crisis is mostly about deciding which of the many options open right now is right for me.

12. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

That makes a lot of sense NayKidApe. My problem has been having these options upon to me, and choosing between what I'm sorta expected to do, and what I'd really like to do.

Ape is a wise man. [​IMG]

That's awesome Annie. I have been meaning to learn to shake my junk a little better. I'm not a bad dancer, I'm just not as good as I'd like to be. [​IMG]

Thanks for all the advice everyone. [​IMG]

13. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

LOL. thanks Lodui.

Remember though; getting caught in your own life isn't as embarrassing as getting caught in your girlfriends underwear.
    then again it isn't as much fun either.
    everything's a trade-off I guess.