Ever Been Teased About Going Barefoot?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Sora, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Sora

Sora Members

So, barefoot-boy asked me a question in another thread that I felt would be a good one to open up to everyone.

Have you ever been teased for going barefoot, and if so, how'd you feel and respond to it? And was it mostly guys or girls?

In my experience, I've gotten teased aplenty about it (partly because I have naturally stinky feet), and though it's made me feel awkward and self conscious about it, I've found there's some weird pleasure and satisfaction to be had on it, at least for me, because they're noticing your bare feet and efforts.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

barefootbob3 likes this.
  2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Barefooters Feet Don't Stink.......Only Feet That Have Been In Shoes Do..... :)

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  3. Sora

Sora Members

Mine some times do because I'm not able to be barefoot full time, sadly don't have the luxury. But I'm cool with it, doesn't bother me none :p

barefootbob3 likes this.
  4. morrow

morrow Visitor

My parents used to call me barefoot contesa!
    They would also call me the little old woman who lost a shoe..
    Could never find my shoes!
    I've developed a problem with my foot, so bare is mostly for home and holidays!
    Risks are too high, but I miss it,

1 person likes this.
  5. Sora

Sora Members

There's definitely something endearing about names like that, it's rather adorable! Shame you can't go barefoot much anymore, it truly is one of life's purest pleasures

barefootbob3 likes this.
  6. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Haaa....There Is A "Little Old Lady" In My Town Who Has Been Calling Me This For Years....

She Has A Program On The Local FM Radio Station And She Made Me The Subject Of One Of

Her Programs......Unfortunatly I Didn't Hear The Broardcast Just Comments In The Street From

Peeps Who Heard It..... :)

Cheers Glen.

7. Sora

Sora Members

That definitely would've been something to hear...I'm sure it's probably archived somewhere somehow, you should look into that! Nothing like some good positive press for us barefoot folk!

barefootbob3 and GLENGLEN like this.
  8. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Sorry Sora.....We Appear to Have Run Your Thread "Off Topic".......So To Get Back On Topic.....

Yes I Have Been Teased....But....In A Nice Way.

There Are 3 Menswear Shops That Have Told Me If I Call In They Will GIVE Me A Pair Of Shoes.

They Said That They Just Can't Bear To See Me Walk Through Frost And Snow Any Longer.....[​IMG]

A Friend Said I Should Take Them Up On Their Offers And Then Sell The Shoes On E-Bay..... :D

Cheers Glen.

barefootbob3 and Sora like this.
  9. Sora

Sora Members

Nah, it's totally cool, don't mind a slight topic shift at all!

Your friend definitely has the right idea I think! Keep the bare feet, sell the shoes, profit. I can dig it. But that's pretty funny that they'd offer that, certainly a positive thing for sure!

10. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

I've never been teased about going barefoot, but for a select amount of people who know me find it strange that I'm mostly in bare feet and flip flops. If I happen to be wearing regular shoes (which is rare, it hate 'm!) they feel they must make comments about it like it is some important kind of event.

On the other hand, when I was a kid, I was shy about going barefoot and would get teased by NOT being barefoot, mostly by my sister. I can recall one time I accompanied her to one of her friends house to pick up something of her that she had left there. The friend of my sisters answered the door barefoot, and gave back what my sister what she came for. As we were about to leave, the girl wiggled her toes and said "Look Mark.....bare feet" I figured my sister said something to her friend about me never ever going barefoot. I'm sure the two of them were laughing about it.......

11. Sora

Sora Members

Oooh! I know what you mean about getting comments when you actually wear shoes, barefoot-boy! I too of course prefer bare feet and flipflops (if I can't go bare), but sometimes shoes gotta be worn, sadly. And you're exactly right, like, if my feet aren't bare and dirty, then my friends are petty shocked. They're pretty fascinated by my filthy soles, a few of them wanna do some art based around them, which I thought would be really cool. But yeah, soon as the shoes show up, nobody can believe it, and hell, I hardly can either!

When I was younger, I was never a fan of shoes either, but was afraid to let my piggies out in public, just scared me, but equally excited me as well. Your story about your sister's friend is actually kinda cute, I think it's petty ironic you'd go from not bein' fond of going barefoot to being a fellow barefoot boy, that's pretty awesome!

barefootbob3 likes this.
  12. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

I was painfully shy about going barefoot, it was sooooo bad that I felt uncomfortable wearing a pair of tennis shoes to school one time without socks and having my bare ankles show!!! I'm mean really bad.....believe it, that was the case for me. But, I feel that all forms of shyness can be beat with exposure with time and time again. I knew this had to happen for me and was not about to deny this pleasure any longer!

I just love bare feet. [​IMG]?

13. Sora

Sora Members

I'm with you, barefoot-boy. I love bare feet too. Like I said, bare feet are one of life's purest pleasures. Even seeing the words written out gets me excited.

I'd always wanted to get barefoot more when I was younger, but was shy to it. Would slightly slip a foot out of a shoe, or pull down my socks a little bit, try to get bare, but would always be too afraid. These days I'm proud to let my bare feet show!

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

people occasionally make good natured jokes. i think the only mildly insulting one was when one of my neighbors recently said "no shoes? you must be from [name of town i'm currently living in]."

1 person likes this.
  15. Sora

Sora Members

I totally dig the good natured jokes, those are actually pretty fun. Cool that folks are fun about it. And really that mildly insulting one isn't even all that bad, just a little snarky

16. BarefootedBoy

BarefootedBoy Members

Before I started, I got teased about it, too. Looking back, I'm glad that happened, though. Maybe it planted something in my subconscious. My "conversion" came rather quickly.
    Like some of you, I went from the kid who wore shoes and socks everywhere to a confirmed barefooted boy!

2 people like this.
  17. Sora

Sora Members

Ironic that that was the case for most people...I definitely think you're onto something with saying that it perhaps planted something subconscious that eventually led to a transition

18. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Methinks It Planted Something Alright..............It Planted The Fact That He....And He Alone

Is Ultimately In Charge Of His Own Body.....[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

that they were full time shoe wearers before being full time barefooters? actually it kind of makes a lot of sense; either way they're the people that place a lot of importance in what is on their feet. people like me that consider it a non-issue will never be a full time anything as far as footwear, while people that really care about footwear are going to make one decision or another and go hard with it.

1 person likes this.
  20. Sora

Sora Members

A good point, you're entirely right. It does make a lot of sense. It was just a bit different for me, since I was always wanting to be barefoot, and don't wanna wear anything on my feet if I can help it. But I suppose then, by that logic, I'm not that different then :p

Sandra Miller likes this.