Ever been plagiarized?

Discussion in 'Writers Forum' started by Bilby, Mar 5, 2023.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

I posted this bit of writing on my FB page only to find it has been plagiarized.
    Dealing with life's problems.
    In a way flattering but annoying as well. I would have no objections if she had hit the share button. The woman who has plagiarized me hails from China but now lives in America where she claims to own and founded a chain of hotels. If this is the case, is this not a major achievement in life? Why resort to the delusion of plagiarism?
    Nobody can excel at everything they turn their hands to in life.The following guys were successful in music but not so successful on the big screen: Mick Jagger, Bob Dylan, Art Garfunkel, , Ringo Starr, Glen Campbell and David Bowie.We should all accept our limitations.

2. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

When I designed the first electrode heating system for a London theatre, I honestly did not know that the principal had been secretly used at munition factories during WW2.
    It has added to my interests in reincarnation, where I believe we still have a lot to discover. The chances are that it lies somewhere within our DNA and the explanation will become obvious and logical at some point in the distant future.

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

I've plagiarized myself a couple of times, typing up new cover pages for old papers and re-submitting them to other professors.

4. Moon Goddess

Moon Goddess Supporter HipForums Supporter

As far as I know, I have never been plagiarized but the fear of it keeps me from posting most of my writing anywhere on the internet.

5. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Not that I know of….but one of my employees did in a scientific paper she wrote a chapter in. The passage raised some red flags for me and a reviewer identified the same section. That’s why scientific papers inlude peer review.