Ever avoided to cash a check?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by broony, Nov 10, 2017.

1. broony

broony Banned

Only time I do is to make sure I know where im putting it.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

checks can expire. tho the payer may reinstate the check.

3. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

No. I've never avoided cashing a check. Who can afford this?

Americunt likes this.
  4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i did

and then when i finaly decided to cash it the damn bank wouldnt do it because i didnt have an account with them,,,i said well the guy who wrote the check banks here...just check his account to see if he can cover it...(it was my dad so i know it was good)....and heres his phone number if you want to verify he actually wrote it

they still wouldnt

and thats why i left that bank..they were fuckheads 30 years ago and still are

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

My friend's mom wrote me a $10 check once for helping her out with something. I never cashed it , she didn't have a lot of money

And one time I fought and fought with Sprint over an incorrect early termination fee, I ended up going to the BBB over it and Sprint ended up mailing me a check for $6 for whatever reason. I didnt cash it, I hung it on the wall lol. It was my trophy for standing up to Goliath

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  6. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I've never purposefully avoided it, but I have forgotten to cash one or was unable to get to a bank order to cash it. That drives the check writer crazy.

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i remember having done so a couple of times, but that was so long ago i don't remember what the occasion was.
    what income i have now is direct deposited, so i don't have to worry about it.
    if i did a little something on the side, i'd probably want to be paid in cash, goods or services.
    if i ever open for commissions for my art, i'd have to look into pay pal or its equivalents.

8. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I paid my friend, a web designer, for his services for the first part of his work on my business webpage. It was $225. And he contacts me 3 months later saying he forgot to cash it. So I had to put more money in my checking account to pay his ass. Then he said the bank denied it because the date was too old. So I had to write him a new one. Can’t believe he forgot to case $225 when he’s struggling to pay for his wife and kid.

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

the bank i use doesn't have a branch anywhere near here. so i would sometimes have several checks sitting around waiting for the next time i needed to run errands in the city 40 minutes away, where the nearest branch is. i recently discovered mobile check cashing though, so that's not an issue anymore.

10. broony

broony Banned

I started this thread, and avoided to cash mine. I know im ok right now, banks were closed on friday.

I had nothing in the bank, but didn't cash it so I couldnt buy a pack of cigs for the weekend. It will be 3 days no cigs before 12pm today.

I hate/love tobacco so much.