euthanasia and animals

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by moon flower, Aug 20, 2005.

1. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

theres millions of stepps seperating them & the reality is the scales came 1st then the feathers no a woodpecker doesnt sufddeny become a lizard thats just stupid, theres millons of transformations between them look at snakes theyy have legs (bones insife) you can trace the lineage through time what developed from what where the species split how each species is related to every other..
    read a different book besides the bible once in awhile & maybe u wouldnt sound so dumb (no offence)

2. ryupower

ryupower NO capcom included

Yup, Snakes once had legs, just like the Bible says:
    Genesis 3:14

14 So the LORD God said to the serpent:

"Because you have done this,
    You are cursed more than all cattle,
    And more than every beast of the field;
    On your belly you shall go,

Thanks for supporting the Scriptures. ;)

And I know, according to the evolution theory, scales came first. I was just trying to give an example of what 'evolution could do'.

Give me some proof for evolution. The snake thing's in the Bible.

I know there are millions of steps, but that would only count for one creature. Look, one animal has a minor mutation to prove evolution...oops, it's brothers and sisters don't. It reproduces...hmm...I wonder why the other trait came through.

In order for evolution to somehow take place, a creature's tiny mutation must constantly be a dominant trait by it's offspring. And it's offspring must have offsprings with that trait (interbreeding), which have to, after thousends of generations interbreeding have another mutation by one of them. If it would go on like that Billions of years wouldn't be enough to change a whole species....maybe only half of it's build. How would this whole thing work with creatures that have no more than 1 or 2 offspring?( like deers). It would hardly have any effect if 1 of 1000 deers
    had some mutation. It's offspring may have it, but it'd be toned down by the other 998 deers that don't have it.

EDIT: A PM reply may be better, because we're getting off topic here...

3. soaringeagle

i got a better idea since its off topic, i've challened even 1 christion to attempt to prove creationalism or the existance of god or anything, why theyre beleifs are right...but only by using thought ..logic..& without reffering to any sacred trexts or dogma or "official possition" & although there were several who are most likely non christians who answered the challange withj very well thought out responces, not 1 christian will attempt it ..come on please try explaing this there without the dogma..
    http://www.hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113006

4. soaringeagle

umm try te other way aroundm think abnout it they killed & ate snakes, they saw the bones, they wondered why did the snake have legs, god must have taken them away, why did god tak them away, snakes must have don something wrong.. well lets see what story should we make up to explain this? hmm snakes made people sin..that kills 2 snakeswith 1 stone we explain those bones & why some people do bad things all in 1 story

5. moon flower

moon flower Member

hi :)

well i don't see soul and spirit as being seperate things, if we are made in his image than how come we evovled from primates. we are no better than other animals as we evolved from them. is god a primate then?

i know you did honey, wasn't directing it specifically at you :p

the thing is if christians believe animals don't have souls it means that some of them will see it as an excuse that we can treat animals as we like cos they are lower than us! (i know you wouldn't think like that ryupower- i noticed you are a veggie :) )

i'm not sure she would never say what denomination she was - hmm suspicious, but most people (even christians) see it as a myth that was made up to try and explain something not understood. Eg - there are myths about Thor the god of thunder- now pagans nowadays don't take this literallly, they know that it was just made up because people in thsose days couldn't explain thunder logically. its the same with adam and eve.

ok i'm gonna have to get out my breeding coursework so that i can try to explain evolution, genetics, mutations etc -i can't remember it all off the top of my head.

peace and love :)

6. moon flower

moon flower Member

Ryupower - you still have not said what you think about human euthanasia and if it is any different to aniamals being put to sleep? :p

7. ryupower

The bone stubs are almost microscopic as far as I know. I doubt a normal person would notice them. ;)

8. ryupower

hi. ^^

LOL! G-d a primate.Sorry LORD! ^^;

Sorry, but no He's not, the Bible doesn't support evolution. That's why only liberal 'Christians' believe in evolution.

You must have read my discription " Deviant artist Veggie". :D
    Yeah, I'm vegetarian. Thanks for even paying attention to that. ^^
    Sorry, for flaming you ( very 'Christian' of me...) , I repant. It just seems like you were directing that at me.

Well, see, if 'Christians' would concider that an excuse for treating animals badly, than they must have not been reading their Holy Bible. Because Animal cruelty is a sin.

Doesn't your school seperate Catholic and Evengelical? In Germany we do...

But like I said, only liberal Christians believe in evolution. And I'm not among them. ;)

9. ryupower

Well, by an animal, putting it to sleep would put an end to suffering.
    And it will go to heaven.

Now, by a human it's a different story: Humans can go hell.

So I'd rather let an animal be put asleep so that it can be cured of suffering, and have it go to heaven, rather than having a human put to sleep, and have him suffer even worse in hell.

That's my oppinion.

10. soaringeagle

i love ya moonflower :)
    ok now i'm a bit confused, nowhere in the bible is there the slightest hint at animals gong to heaven, bit since i dont take the bible literaly, i applaud you for thinkng outside the box(book) & concidering that they do..
    but i dont inderstand the reasoning that all animals go to heaven, yet we might go to hell..
    furthermore the bible doesnt support evolution because evolution wasnt even conceived of when thre bible was written, does the bible suport space travel? how about nuclear solar energy? or electricity at all? does the bible suport the discovery of atoms? or dna?
    look at it this way, thousands of yearsago, there were no explanations for these things, so, using a premitive version of the scientific method they develop a theory of a being who creates everything out of nothing, & use the fact thsat everything exists as proof of that fact. if everything was created it must have been createdas it is today..it wasa good theory at the time since it attempted to explain existance..but now we have the tools & understanding to explain evolution & denting the scienced behind it based on a book written thousands of yearsago borders on ignorance
    ots like saying airplanes cant exist because some philosopher in 500 bc said humans will never be able to fly like birds because its not in our nature

11. moon flower

moon flower Member

hi

love ya to soaring eagle [​IMG]

how could the bible support it if nobody knew about it in those days?

yeah i did, no problem :), i'm veggie too :)

thats ok deary, don't worry about it. i can see why you would think that lol, no need to repent cos of it honey :)

can't completely remember cos it was two years ago now, but i think that we just learned about the main christian stuff, and learnt a bit about the different denominations opinions on certain things eg abortion.

he he i noticed lol (no offence [​IMG] )

but if you believe animals have souls too, how come they can't go to hell aswell, is it cos they don't have a spirit?

why would someone go to hell cos they have been euthanised?

will talk about evolution tommorow, to complicated for me at this time of the day lol

peace and love for now
    issy

12. moon flower

moon flower Member

hi everyone :)

completely off topic i know but just wanted to say i finally posted my piccies "yay" "woohooo" lol

:)

peace and love people