Eurovision!!!

Discussion in 'Europe' started by xZx, May 15, 2004.

1. xZx

xZx Member

Heehee anyone goin' to watch it tonight? any bets on the winner? lol heehee its so cheesy its cool lol:D

2. migle

migle Senior Member

not really interested in, sorry

3. wolf_at_door

wolf_at_door Senior Member

I didn't even knew that Eurovision is taking place right now.
    Luckily, I haven't even noticed this lame event this year.

4. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Wow, I had absolutely NO CLUE it was tonight!!!! Usually I always know who's gonna sing for France, but this year I've completely forgotten!

5. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

By the way, what does everyone think about that event? I'd like to have your thoughts...

6. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I think it's ok, kinda gets people from all over 'closer' if you know what i mean, and it can make some new stars. (Slovenia was 21th out of 22 in semi finale, i think:p)

7. Flowerian

Flowerian Senior Member

Our artist from Germany, Max Mutzke, is a very very good singer. I hope he'll make it today :)

8. kier

kier I R Baboon

oh jesus, is it that time already?

:p

9. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

The only thing I remember is that last year our British entry got "nil points" :)

10. wolf_at_door

wolf_at_door Senior Member

Apparently, Kier. Just as I have forgot my worst childhood trauma named 'Eurovison', I get reminded of that again. Typical. ;)

11. Flowerian

Flowerian Senior Member

I think the way the eastern countries give their points is always ridiculous: Russia gives Ukraine 12 points, Ukriane gives Poland, Poland gives Czech, Czech gives Ungary, Ungary gives Serbia, Serbia gives Albania, Albania gives Macedonia, Macedonia gives Russia. And the worst singers gain most of the points, not because of their songs but due to national preferences. Countris like France, UK or Germany don't have a chance cause we just don't have so much neighbours.....

12. Summertime

Summertime Member

I do think it is quite political in the voting. Anyone wonder why we got "nil points" last year after all the stuff in Iraq? Hmmm...I wonder. Mind you, our song did suck. Hehe. I think Eurovision is hilarious, especially Terry Wogan's commentary. It's so cheesy! :D Anyone know how the UK did last night? (It was last night, yeah?)

Summer. xx.

13. moonydancer

moonydancer Member

Penny: It was Jonathan Cerrada who represented France.I remember coz he is the Pop Idol winner and it kills me that HE would represent france...gets on my nerves!

who won? and how did all the countries do?

didn't watch..shite...

there might be a redifusion on TV.

14. zopilote

zopilote Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

that might have had a little to do with it, but i think the fact that they sang wildly out of tune may have contributed :)

15. Flowerian

Flowerian Senior Member

Rofl :D

16. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

YUCK!!!! Jonathan Cerrada! I'm have to go throw up now... yeah the winner of "A La Recherche De La Nouvelle Star"! I hate that show, and any show that kind... I hope he didn't win... I haven't even asked my parents who won yet!

Anyways, I only saw a few seconds of it yesterday - Romania. It was horrible, I'm sorry, but the band was just too ridiculous. And I don't even know if they sang in Romanian! It must have been English... seems like everyone sings in English now... where is the charm of each country? I'm sorry it's gone...

17. PinkMoon

PinkMoon Senior Member

Ah i loved it, a few hours of pure cheesy corny TV to watch... was hilarious...
    i was hoping for Spain or Germany to win but it was not to be, instead Xena Warrior Princess got it..
    I dont know what its like in other countries but the reason the Eurovision is so good here is thanks to Terry Wogans commentary throughout..

18. migle

migle Senior Member

The singer from Spain is also who won the fucking stupid TV contest called here in spain Operation Triumph. I hate it, i hate big brother and all that fucking stuff, TV goes worse every day. And eurovision is all about politics interests, i think it's never won by the best singer, and spanish one is the worst, every fucking pop singer are the same, and sing the same stupid songs.
    uffff, when i think all that i get so nervous that it makes me tell (write) too many times "fuck", fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck, and non stop :D

19. Flowerian

Flowerian Senior Member

Yes, I think everyone should sing in its own language, it's not very interesting to hear everyone singin in English, or rather ridiculous to hear them singing in a language they mean is English ;)

20. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

hehe, it's weird, i always wanted to hear ours sing in our language but sometimes they do sometimes they don't...this year's song was english when it first came out(well mix of slovene and english) and then they've translated it to total english...singer(male) purposed the other singer(female) while singing and they kissed on Eurovision...it's a two man band. cheesy..