European Ska music

Discussion in 'Europe' started by borut16, May 17, 2004.

1. borut16

borut16 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hey you all!
    I just thought I'd ask that in here because in Music Forum there are people from all over and I'm just looking for answers for European bands, so...
    What's your favourite European Band(past and now)?
    What's your favourite European Ska Band(if any)?
    Do you know Ska-P? What do you think about them?
    ------
    My fav European past band is absolutelly The Beatles, but for present, it would have to be The Cranberries. :)
    When it comes to Ska bands, I'd have to say that it's Ska-P(spanish band, me thinks)
    HEhe,
    that's all,
    Bye!

2. migle

migle Senior Member

I know Ska-P, but i don't like them very much, they got very famous in spain some years ago, and their letters were not bad, but they got so famous that you the problem with fame. Anyway, real Ska bands tell that Ska-P sucks.

3. kier

kier I R Baboon

on the whole i like soft music, ska-p and many newer ska bands are just way too punky for me...i like madness, the specials, toots and the maytals, the bosstones, etc :) a good album to get is one step beyond, it's one of my favourite albums :D

4. Anjee

Anjee Member

I love the Busters

5. VillaVillekulla

VillaVillekulla Member

SKA-P are great, I´m going to a concert next week.....some ska punk festival, don´t know what it´s called. I just can´t wait to get there, SKA-P concerts are always great fun!

6. moonydancer

moonydancer Member

my fave european past band is by far The Beetles!!!
    And for now it's either The Cranberries or Rammstein.

MAN I'M SO INTO RAMMSTEIN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehe. funky german metal group :p

i don't really know that many ska groups !

kissouille
    moony

7. Nirali

Nirali Member

I love rock and alternative music, but from ska are my favourite....maybe Polemic (Slovakia), or Pannonia All Stars Ska Orchestra (Hungary).
    And if you like a style fusion, try French rock-ska band Babylon Circus. I really enjoy them :love:

8. Nirali

Nirali Member

Yes and I know Ska-P, but I mentioned my favourite.

9. JethroZoso

JethroZoso Member

The Cranberries: Good Irish band but the lead singer left.

Probably my favourite band at the moment are German group Kraftwerk (see sig). I also love Aphex Twin and I absolutely ADORE French duo AIR and some Daft Punk (also French)

10. Mari Nobody

Mari Nobody Member

Babylon Circus

11. sanja_serbia

sanja_serbia Senior Member

Kraftwerk is great!...I just got Ska-P's album 'Vals der Obrero' so I still don't have opinion about them (I'll get back to you with this in couple of days when I get to listen to them and form an opinion:) )....My fav European bands are hm...well, maybe Kraftwerk (Germany), Elvis Jackson (Slovenia), EKV and BlockOut (Serbia) and Hladno Pivo (Croatia)
    There was a Swiss band called 'Lauschangriff' last week in my town, they play some kind of psychodelic rock, I can't say they're my favs, but they certainly are very interesting.....

12. Mari Nobody

Mari Nobody Member

I forgot u asking for favorite-of-all band, u wouldn´t know, in my case those r mostly finnish. I´ve also had my times listening to the Cranberries, recently I´ve had their song "Analyze" on my mind.

By mentioning BC I only meant the best band playing ska-type of music and BC´s got it...

13. Elliott

Elliott Banned