Ethical Non-Monogamy

Discussion in 'Free Love' started by Lulu91, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Lulu91

Lulu91 Members

Any other non-monogamists here?

2. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

One here. I've been diagnosed as moderately addicted to sex. Started several years ago with a visit to a massage parlor where the masseuse gave me a happy ending. My spouse is celibate, not by choice, but forced medically. I enjoyed the session so much and after confessing we agreed to let me have my release. I have had a few friends with benefits and more massage parlor visits. Strange as it may seem the change in lifestyle changed my attitude for the better. What's your story?

Edward V, jmadre and Lulu91 like this.
  3. Lulu91

Lulu91 Members

I don’t have a super eventful story. I’ve known I was bisexual since I was a teenager and sort of already was ENM before I had a term for it and before people became familiar with “poly” outside the framework of like multiple marriages.

An issue I seem to keep running into is with men who fully know I’m not mono is specifically regarding other men or even the idea of other men.

It’s great that your wife is so understanding and was willing to adapt.

jmadre likes this.
  4. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well, For us it is a walk through life. We are a happy married and super strong relationship couple. That said, we have agreed to open up to the lifestyle. We have not found the right couple yet, but are excited that it will happen. We talk about it daily.

sureño and jmadre like this.
  5. Lulu91

Lulu91 Members

So you’re looking at a sort of swinger/swap/share situation?

6. Panama Jack

That is correct. But we are patient and very respectful. So if it never happens, we are ok with that as well. It’s just nice to know that my wife and I are totally open and honest with each other. Absolutely no hidden agendas between us. We’ve come to realize, it’s just fun sex between consenting adults.
    Our love life is completely separate.

jmadre likes this.
  7. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

It is amazing how much love the human has to give. And to how many people one can love, together, at the same time. It is an infinite quantity of human emotion. To learn how to relate to non monogamy or open marriage and relationships I suggest reading a book written by Dossie Easton and Janet Hardy - The Ethical Slut. It's a very educational read covering the aspects and issues involving open relationships of many kinds.

Lovnflman, jmadre and Panama Jack like this.
  8. NubbinsUp

NubbinsUp Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Most of my intimate relationships since age 20 have been non-monogamous. Before age 20, they really didn't last long enough to progress to the point of non-monogamy.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  9. Lovnflman

Lovnflman Members

Many years ago I would have had my wife read that book. That was during our MFM days. If I suggested it now she'd blow a gasket. Back then I could envision us in an open relationship. NOT NOW.......NOT EVER!

10. Panama Jack

“The Ethical Slut” has been revised to reflect more modern terminology and acronyms. I real good read.