Esthetician

Discussion in 'Higher Ed' started by ReiChieRu, Jun 2, 2006.

1. ReiChieRu

ReiChieRu Member

Has anyone in here ever taken any sort of course on esthetics? Share some stories or some advice if so!!! it would be highly appreciated!

2. Kastenfrosch

Kastenfrosch Blaubeerkuchen!! Lifetime Supporter

well, I study art ed. and right now I have a course which is called somethime like "basic questions of ethics and esthetics" in architecture and cityplanning. It is highly philosophical, very abstract, requires a lot of reading, and a lot of knowledge. But it is very interessting, and if you have a course like that available and are into philosophical questions, I'd say go for it.

3. PurpleMapleTree

PurpleMapleTree Member

esthetics, as in to be come an esthetician? like.. to give facials, manicures, and other salon/spa related things?
    i have a friend that went to school for that, it was a year and a half course. she got her certificate and is now working in a spa. she loved it, and learned alot.

4. Zeppelingirl

Zeppelingirl Member

My sister has completed courses and is certified as a massage therapist and now she wants to go to an esthetics school. I know the one she wants to get into is very exclusive and expensive. She had previously wanted to do physical therapy with the massage therapy and my mom is very upset that she isn't going to study the physical therapy. My mom doesn't think she'll make enough money just working in a salon