essay:The significance of fuck

Discussion in 'Writers Forum' started by marysoul, Jan 28, 2009.

1. waukegan

waukegan Member

to me it would have depended what class i was in when the offense took place as to how i would write the essay.sociology,literature or a writing class would be best.because i find it interesting how use of that particular word has become overused even to the point that it has become trite.ther was a time when fuck was if you'll excuse a pun an ace in the hole.used only in extreme situations as soldiers in combat.even such extreme situatithat those same soldiers called out for their moms(i know).perhaps this is what the teacher had in mind.probably not....carlin i think was one of the greats of observational humor.his words on soft language should be heard if anyone doubts this...anyway i think it depends on the class you were in.sorry if i took a differant approach to things.so don't listen to me.but it just seems some of our best words are suffering from over use.i think people listen up better if you use words like heck and fudge.so don't listen to me.what the fuck do i know?darned if i know.not a heck of alot.

2. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned

In 1964, at the University of California at Berkeley, the Sexual Freedom League formed a chapter on campus in honour of the U of C chancellor, Clark Kerr. They named it Freedom Under Clark Kerr.

3. heywood floyd

heywood floyd Banned

^^^Way to class up this thread, dirtydog.

Your teacher is an idiot... he's given you this assignment under the assumption that you actually have refinement and are even the slightest bit opposed to vulgarity. I would have said 'write an essay about what kind of white trash idiots would actually be impressed by language like that'.

People swear because they're too stupid to make their point through articulate speech and need some way to add emphasis... that's the truth.

4. seizedbyanger

seizedbyanger Banned

make sure to add because you fucking felt like it. :)

5. waukegan

waukegan Member

yes a lack of self confidence that they will be listened to unless swearing is used.sometimes it seems it's used as an attempt at intimidation.in this situation though i think it was just used out of habit.which is why i miss the days when the use of a foul word really counted for something....from "ballad of the northern lights" by robert service...." a curse might avail where a prayer would fail, and the gold lust crazed us all"

6. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned

I knew and used most of the four letter words by about Grade 2. Today I occasionally do construction and the like, and some of the guys think I'm a little strange because I don't use profanity, except when I hit my thumb with a hammer. If I'm angry I use tone of voice. Profanity is the attempt of the unschooled to express himself forcefully.
    Marysoul still has every right to use it if she wants.

7. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

I assume since the thread is a couple months old that you have written it already.

How did that go?

8. Teale

Teale Member

hahaha, this is fucking great :D