essay:The significance of fuck

Discussion in 'Writers Forum' started by marysoul, Jan 28, 2009.

1. marysoul

marysoul Member

Today in class I dropped my pencil and mumbled,"fuck",and a teacher heard me and now i have to write an 1,000 word essay on why i used the word 'fuck'.

I plan to call it:THE SIGNIFICANCE OF FUCK

I might get suspended.Isnt there free speech or something?

How should i start?

2. eel

eel Member

All your rights are tossed into the grinder once you enter the schoolhouse.

It's quite fucked up.

But go for it, and make a national cry when they punish you.

3. marysoul

marysoul Member

:)Fuck is my favorite word.
    It's the only word you can use in a sentence over and over and it almost makes sense:

Fuck those fucked fucking fuckers.

(excuse my colorful vocabulary)

4. *°GhOsT°LyRiC°*

*°GhOsT°LyRiC°* Supporters HipForums Supporter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuck

easy info to write an essay on the origin of fuck and the significance. get an A+
    and research the history, and write a killer essay. it would be funny

5. marysoul

marysoul Member

yeah...

6. MimiJ

MimiJ Member

I don't think you'll get suspended...well, you might. Still..I say go for it. Hell, your teacher asked you to write it, and if he/she is anything like my college professors then she might appreciate the creativity.

7. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

George Carlin is very inspirational on the subject.

...The big one, the word fuck that's the one that hangs them up the most. [']Cause in a lot of cases that's the very act thathangs them up the most. So, it's natural that the word would, uh, have the same effect. It's a great word, fuck, nice word, easy word, cute word, kind of. Easy word to say. Onesyllable, short u. Fuck. You know, it's easy. Starts with a nice soft sound fuh ends with akuh. Right? A little something for everyone. Fuck Good word. Kind of a proud word, too. Who are you? I am FUCK, FUCK OF THE MOUNTAIN. Tune in again next week to FUCK OF THE MOUNTAIN. It's an interesting word too, [']cause it's got a double kind of a life--personality--dual, you know, whatever the right phrase is. It leads a double life, the word fuck. First of all, it means, sometimes, most of the time, fuck. What does it mean? It means to make love. Right? We're going to make love, yeh, we're going to fuck, yeh, we're going to fuck, yeh, we're going to make love. we're really going to fuck, yeh, we're going to make love. Right? And it also means the beginning of life, it's the act that begins life, so there's the word hanging around with words like love, and life, and yet on the other hand, it's also a word that we really use to hurt each other with, man. It's a heavy. It's one that you have toward the end of the argument. Right? You finally can't make out. Oh, fuck you man. I said, fuck you. Stupid fuck. Fuck you and everybody that looks like you. man. It would be nice to change the movies that we already have and substitute the word fuck for the word kill, wherever we could, and some of those movie cliches would change a little bit. Madfuckers still on the loose. Stop me before I fuck again. Fuck the ump, fuck the ump, fuck the ump, fuck the ump, fuck the ump. Easy on the clutch Bill, you'll fuck that engine again...

Good luck on the essay!:cheers2:

P.S. My new favorite is " For fucksake! ". Got in the habit from watching Cohen bro's movies. :cool:

8. marysoul

marysoul Member

Why Fuck is the Best Word in the English Language...
    by Who the Fuck Knows

Perhaps one of the most interesting and colorful words in the English language today is the word "fuck".

It is a magical word which, just by its sound can describe pain, pleasure, love, and hate. In language, "fuck" falls into many grammatical categories.

It can be used as a verb both transitive (John fucked Mary) and intransitive (Mary was fucked by John).

It can be an action verb (John really gives a fuck),

a passive verb (Mary really doesn't give a fuck),

and adverb (Mary is fucking interested in John),

or as a noun (Mary is a terrific fuck).

It can also be used as an interjection (Fuck! I'm late for my date with Mary).

It can even be used as a conjunction (Mary is easy, fuck she's also stupid).

As you can see there are very few words with the overall versatility of the word fuck.

Aside from its sexual connotations, this word can be used to describe many situations:

1. Greetings........."How the fuck are ya?"

2. Fraud..............."I got fucked by the car dealer."

3. Resignation......."Oh, fuck it!"

4. Trouble............."I guess I'm fucked now."

5. Aggression........."Fuck you!"

6. Disgust................"Fuck me."

7. Confusion............." What the fuck....?"

8. Displeasure............"Fucking shit man..."

9. Lost........................"Where the fuck are we?"

10.Disbelief..............."Unfuckingbelievable!"

11.Retaliation............."Up your fucking ass!"

12. Apathy................."Who really gives a fuck?"

13. Suspicion............."Who the fuck are you?"

14. Directions.............."Fuck off."

It can be maternal........"Motherfucker!"

It can be used to tell time......."It's four fucking twenty!"

It can be used as an anatomical description............."He's a fucking asshole."

Lastly, it has been used by many notable people throughout history:

"What the fuck was that?" -Mayor of Hiroshima

"That's not a real fucking gun." -John Lennon

"Where the fuck is all this water coming from?" -Captain of the Titanic

"Who the fuck is gonna find out?" -Richard Nixon

"Heads are gonna fucking roll." -Anne Boleyn

"Any fucking idiot could answer that." -Albert Einstein

"It does so fucking look like her!" -Picasso

"You want what on the fucking ceiling?" -Michaelangelo

"Fuck a duck." -Walt Disney

"Houston, we have a big fucking problem." - The crew of Apollo 13

- written by McCutcheon

9. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:Too fucking funny!!!

ZW :peace:

10. *°GhOsT°LyRiC°*

*°GhOsT°LyRiC°* Supporters HipForums Supporter

I love it! thats great. your gonna write a great essay.

11. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

hahaha I love it, good luck!

12. AcousticPeace

AcousticPeace Member

thats hilarious and brilliant!

13. Tymar

Tymar Member

Go back over the action and passive examples. You might be right, but I question those.

You are a good writer. You have a good head. I admire you.

14. Yummy Ukulele

Yummy Ukulele Member

@ OP: Way to copy the script of a video you saw online about the merits of the word fuck. :p

Aside from that, though, I think you should tap into your inspiration of those who have taken a closer look at the word, for comical reasons or not, and use them in your essay (assuming it hasn't already been written). If your teacher expects you to write as long of an essay as he/she does, he/she is essentially asking for it, in my opinion. Write a tasteful essay on the significance of the word fuck and you'll be superior to the teacher's intentions and if she tries to punish you for something she explicitly assigned you to do, THEN you can make a justified scene.

Good luck!

15. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

LOL,,,this is an epic thread :D

16. prana

prana Member

Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
  17. marysoul

marysoul Member

Fuck is my favorite word i said it 74 times today, my friends counted

18. Wasted.on.selavision

Wasted.on.selavision Member

Write fuck a thousand times into a visuagram, hand it to the teacher and tell to focus on the picture until she can see your essay. Then tell her to fuckoff and have a nice day, write and independent article on it. Post it all over the fucking place until it bcomes a nationally reknown outcry, and there is a meeting about your return the school as a national icon.
    Bahahahahahahahahahaha FUCK!
    It's a statement of realization.

19. marysoul

marysoul Member

FUCK THOSE FUCKED FUCKING FUCKERS!those fucker threw a fucking rock at my chest and it fucking hurt.

20. Lennon_Skye

Lennon_Skye Member

Personally, I would grab at a chance to write an essay like that :D (plus I usually do, I'm homeschooled so I get away with loads of stuff like that...).

Okay, so 1 000 words isn't much, but I would say you should research the word fuck and dissect the word {even mentioning what it is in other languages if you must (It's "Fok" in Afrikaans. Almost pronounced like "Fork" btw:p)}

You could use the part where it says that: Fuck can be a verb, Fuck can be a noun etc. But that's an old joke and she might see that you could've put more effort into it.

Fuck is a word that can be played around with a lot, but do it as tasteful as you can, and try not to burst into laughter if you have to read it :eek:

This is totally off topic, but I actually wrote a poem about possibly one of the most Unmentionable Words :)D) in Afrikaans, a basic translation would be the word Pussy...and some people consider that my best work, heck, I even sent it in for publication.

Anyway, Viva Free Speech!

Lots of fuckin' love,

Peace!
    L_S