Errrr Metallica

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Mar 8, 2019.

1. It's a cover of an Anti-Nowhere League song.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The whole album was a cover.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The Metallicats, covering all your favorites :grinning:

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Pickin' on series / iron horse have some good blue grass covers. But at the same time they could also be a lot better they weren't as funky fun as normal blue grass when it gets fun with the knee slaps yeeeoooooooowwwww

5. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Ahahahahaha I saw Metallica two weeks ago Saturday. My tickets were originally $83 each for nosebleeds. I didn't pay for the tickets so I won't say how much was actually spent, but know it was WELL more than that, since the tickets were purchased a month ago. And I am SO totally willing to pay at least $100 to $150 for the same seats again if they come around next time. It was a fucking amazing show

el demente likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I officially declined my sisters invite to see them live in Aus.

7. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Lame, it's a really REALLY awesome show. Seeing them was on my bucket list, so I'm so super stoked I got to check off a bucket list item. I'm wearing my tour tee today

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah but I've already seen them and I'm not travelling half the world to stand with 100,000 people. That's not worth 7000€

McFuddy likes this.
  9. Asmodean

lol @ seats at a metal show. Never seizes to crack me up :p

10. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

It's not very metal to sue your own fans when at that point you had a few platinum albums. It reeked of top 40 pop. They lost all their evil/underground whatever you want to call what makes an act metal street cred.

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Which was like over 20 years ago.

Anyone give a crap anymore

Napster doesnt exist anymore.

The core of Metallica fans are now soccer moms and dads

quark likes this.
  12. quark

quark Parts Unknown

That’s cheap. I’m not even trying to be snarky. It’s Metallica, a full scale stadium production, and an opening band that could do 10,000 seats themselves.

13. quark

quark Parts Unknown

If being metal is cool, I’d rather be rich.

@Orison, Captain Cannabis is dead.

Yeah, Metallica were true Black Metal back in the day. Am I evil?

14. Asmodean

Lol some peeps just love to deliberately misportray the meaning of other people s posts it seems.
    As you notice UA was quoting PR, who was making a reasonable assertion on pre 90s Metallica and the far less inspiring and passionate sounding later Metallica. One big reason they became less sympathetic for a certain kind of metalfan is stuff like that Napster shit while at the same time taking notice of Ulrichs expensive art collection, that docu with their band shrink (lol) etc. etc.

Yes, they started 'trve' as pathetic as this wording may sound :p ;) (same with 'being metal' of course) as a real and energetic thrash metal band, that even innovated the metalgenre. They don't come across like that anymore since like the release of Load for petes sake.

Maybe you just moved on from metal if you insist you don't get what he means.

15. Asmodean

Sounds like a mainstream pop act to me. As most bands that can qualify as 'stadium rock'

16. quark

quark Parts Unknown

Yes, absolutely.

Better than waking up at 9

17. Asmodean

Not sure what means

18. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I can't think of one Heavy Metal Band that has reached mainstream success which hasn't gone on to make a more Accessible Sound:

Black Sabbath
    Megadeth
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Mastodon

Slayer is in the back of my mind as a possible exception but I don't really listen to them.

Mustard Tiger likes this.
  19. Asmodean

Black Sabbath also was pretty much dying slowly after Dio. Not much fans were happy with their albums.

I never digged bands like Slayer, Megadeth and Avenged Sevenfold, so I can't really make an informed statement about how they're changed as i was never interested in their sound in the first place. And have not followed Mastodon in recent years. But that a bands sound is progressing over time into something more accessible is not an issue by definition. Same that its not an issue by default that a metal band gets rich. If they manage to do so at the cost of what made them so good though... and that's why a lot of metal appreciators lost interest and appreciation for Metallica it seems.

20. quark

quark Parts Unknown

I’m ducking drunk. Metrrrruuyttyyycjristamd

Irminsul likes this.