Errrr Metallica

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Mar 8, 2019.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

im glad the outdoor venue here allows non tickets to go into the lots, and you can see it for free in many areas the parking lot. just not inside. If I cant get Willie tickets we will be doing this.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I refused to see Bob Dylan live in the last few years because of the ticket price. Not worth it for me.
    It's not like there isn't great fresh stuff in smaller venues anyway. For €20 max.

3. Asmodean

There's a metal fest on a city square in a city near me: I have been 3 times in the last 5 years. But on the terrace next to it :grinning: Didn't set one foot on the festival terrain. Yet I could hear every band and if I relocated a bit even see them. Lots of fun and superior beer in actual glasses. Most friends who bought a ticket came by as well as it was the best place to sit. All in all wouldn’t change a thing! :D

Orison likes this.
  4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I used to live right behind an outdoor venue. I could sit on my porch and hear the music clear as day sometimes. I miss living there

Asmodean and Orison like this.
  5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I saw Dylan for $30 about 10 years ago

The good ol days

Orison likes this.
  6. Asmodean

That's a good ticket price :)

7. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I'd like to see Metallica but I really don't know a great deal of their music. It was the S&M live album that got me into them and mostly I listen to that.

I was surprised to learn Offspring are still around, the other day.

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

ANZ is a pretty good stadium to see a band at though capacity is 83,000 for Rugby, so abour 60,000 for a band

Not too big where you cant see shit, but big enough to get freaked out

9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I was saying that I needed to get out more. Then I did some going out and realized that although it was an interesting change of pace, it wasn't really my cup of tea if I'm honest. Dance floors tended to be super duper crowded at the events I've chosen to attend; such that it's basically shoulder to shoulder.

When you go, do you have seats or is it shoulder to shoulder standing?

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Come on the Blues Cruise with us VG from Sydney to Perth to watch State of Origin! :D

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I used to not like St Anger but I like it a lot more now. Garage Inc was probably their best, even though it wasn't their songs lol. My first cd was reload. I felt like a bad motherfucker when my mum bought that for me. :p

12. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

First time I saw Dylan was £8 last time it was more !

Meliai likes this.
  13. Asmodean

Garage Inc. is fun indeed. But I'm afraid I don't only prefer them pre black album a lot more... They're annoying to me with everything after the black album. Which is probably half their repetoire at a concert by now so that's another why I'm not eager to see them :p

14. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

[​IMG]

Orison, Asmodean and Irminsul like this.
  15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Kill em all was good but I never like seek and destroy and everybody else does!

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

That's pretty much why I started like saint anger.. Because it wasn't as polished as everything else is these days.

17. Asmodean

If I want unpolished I prefer Kill 'em all (including Seek and destroy naturally!). That's some great heavy metal. Don't know what St. Anger is supposed to be :p

18. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

IIRC I initially liked it when it came out because it brought back some of their thrash style but I think it was one of those albums where after a few listens I got bored with it.

19. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Nothing Else Matters is a good song.

20. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

a metallica concert in 2019? it's just an open space with numbers on the ground to designate where you park your wheelchair.

soulcompromise likes this.