ER vs Grey's Anatomy

Discussion in 'TV Dramas' started by rak, Sep 9, 2012.

1. rak

rak Senior Member

Against many people's opinions that ER is more realistic I think GA is far better.

I have never seen so much blood in all of my hospital visits put togeter as I see in five mnutes of ER, and yet medical students claim it is so realistic.

In GA the doctors operate, fall in love, shag, and break up again. How much more realistic can things get than that?

All they do in ER is stop rivers of blood gushing out of all kinds of funny angles of the bodies of screaming black people and scratch their balls. It is even worse than freaking Itchy and Scratchy.

2. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

Nothing beats House M.D.

I know it is different, but for me way more interesting.

3. rak

rak Senior Member

House rules!

4. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

Is ER still on? Holy shit that show is old.

5. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

1) You must not of seen much of ER
    2) Grey's Anatomy, really? I thought you were a dude..

6. rak

rak Senior Member

In the ER episode I watched yesterday there were bleeding, screaming people being strapped down to beds all the time, policemen jostling docctors to try to catch bleeding patients that were chased for some outragious crime or other and patients trying to hurt themselvs for the silliest reasons, such as that they wanted to have volcan ears or because their lgranny died. Your right that I have not seen that much of ER and I do not intend to, and yes I am a dude that is why I like GA more because the chicks are much hotter.

7. rak

rak Senior Member

No, they finally took it off the air three years ago, even though I must have been in dipers as it started.

8. rak

rak Senior Member

I take back what I said about ER. It is better than GA. The actors in ER could need a better barber and the music is such a put off, but the issues that are dealt with in the show are far more serious and relevant to life than in GA.

9. Mystery_Man

Mystery_Man Guest

So they've been showing ER on Sky Atlantic here for the past year and the last episode just aired yesterday. The quality sort of dipped after Mark Greene left, i think, but there were some good moments in the later seasons. The earlier ones were the best i think. I've seen a few GR episodes, and i couldn't watch any more.

10. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

GA is just a typical soap opera.

11. rak

rak Senior Member

The babes are hot though.

12. fishnetfreud

fishnetfreud Member

I love Grey's Anatomy, although I think they have to stop creating a major disaster every time they run out of original ideas for the show. Once or twice was okay but more than that and it takes away from the credibility of the show... something that isn't too high to begin with.
    But I still really love watching it and in my opinion Grey's Anatomy is way better than ER (althoughER isn't bad either).

13. skitzo child

skitzo child PEACEFUL LIBRA

Er was cool but got corny

14. Angelmama

Angelmama Angel Lifetime Supporter

Agreed. House is the BEST!
    One problem with it, though.
    He would not be using Vicodin.
    Too much acetaminophen is bad for your liver. He would take oxycodone.
    Way stronger and safer too.

15. Calmerchameleon

Calmerchameleon Members

House is the best medical show. It was a bit ott but Hugh Laurie was consistently phenomenal. Of the recent shows, I've enjoyed the Good Doctor which has a kind of similar feel to House (I think they were made by the same producers. I may be wrong though). I also like New Amsterdam but it's all very PC and can be a bit too full on smaltzy. Couldn't watch Grey's Anatomy, it was too soap opera.

16. Bjgirl

Bjgirl I’m just having fun!

Cute guys on GA

17. princess peedge

princess peedge Members

I've always been more of a Scrubs person.

John C. McGinley absolutely kills in that role.