Equivalence Principle Discovered in QM

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by wooleeheron, Aug 21, 2018.

1. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Quantum leap for Einstein's scientific principle

This yet more proof they are rapidly closing in on the answers from every direction. This insight is so basic it makes you wonder how people could have missed it all this time. What this means is they can now explore quantum gravity in earnest for the first time ever, and I expect Twistor theory should provide interesting insights as well. Twistor theory was invented not because anyone thought is was a realistic theory, but because they wanted a theory that was extremely different mathematically from the usual run of the mill ones, hoping it would eventually provide unique insights, which it has in dribbles over the years. Combined with the research into quantum fluctuations this approach could easily describe a theory of everything within a few years of examination by physicists and mathematicians, because it can be applied to a wealth of already existing data.

2. *taps watch impatiently* As a star pilot, I grow tired of waiting on physicists to figure this shit out. Being grounded sucks.

3. wooleeheron

I caught the attention of one doing neurological research the other day. He thought my post was a joke, until he read the punch line explaining how he could measure laughter as the lowest possible energy state and prove the quantum observer effect is related to proximity, temperature, and maximum entropy production. Fucking with neurologists heads is easy, because they could not be more conservative and tend to ignore the context all the time. Academic philosophers are the same way.

4. You can't explain joy via quantum mechanics. You can't really explain anything via physics, quantum physics included. It is folly.

5. wooleeheron

No, but they can now stimulate a tiny pinhead sized spot in your brain and make you cream your jeans, while scanning your neurons for any changes.

6. What meaning has it, though? If it happens to you, it's meaningful as an anecdote. But it's better to say, have a child. Measure that shit.

7. wooleeheron

The meaning it has for you is whatever meaning you assign it, which is why I write the poetry I write, in part, in the hopes that the mathematics can be automated and taken to the next level. Become more comfortable and honest with ourselves is about to become an exact science, an artform, and philosophy. A theory of everything should be simple enough it can be explained to a five year old, and complex enough to even automate traditional psychology and education in general, to customize them to the individual. Humor can already be measured as anything low in entropy, providing the foot in the door that requires advanced mathematics.

However, the implication is that science can only prove we have feelings and how they work, while each must decide for themselves if any of their thoughts and feelings are meaningful.

8. Why write poetry? Can't all human emotions simply be measured and words meted out thereof to fill in the gaps? Ask yourself: Why doesn't this suffice? Why do people turn to human poets rather than scientific algorithms?

Science will never tell me how to behave. I'll laugh wildly at inappropriate moments and/or cry at the same. I will never obey. I will never conform.

"Theory of everything" is a misnomer. Combining classical physics and quantum physics, which doubtfully will ever occur, still won't be an accurate description of literally everything. I believe Einstein said something to the effect of it would be like reading sheet music of the 9th symphony and acting like you actually heard the music.

How everything seems is a matter of opinion. Does life seem fun? Does it seem drab? Does it seem abstract? Does it seem mundane? Show me the equation that can answer the question of how life seems, and I might be convinced you have a theory that truly encompasses everything.

Humor requires joy, which cannot be measured, not in such a way as to suffice as a substitute for that joy. How feelings work is beyond science. It's an amalgamation of circumstances that there is just no accounting for. Just because you can provoke a reaction doesn't mean you have discovered the fundamental source for the reaction, the reason the emotion exists at all. Is the theory of everything going to tell me why humor exists? Or will that be left to the whimsy of philosophers, and we'll all still have something to argue about because no one will agree?

I'm pretty damned sure no one is ever going to agree on anything.

9. wooleeheron

Think of everything that exists being a singularity. When you have a good orgasm, you are making a connection with the singularity. When you eat ice cream or chocolate, you make a less strong connection. A rock rolling down hill expresses the simplest kind of singularity, a wheel expresses the next simplest while, theoretically, 430 poems can describe in detail how anything works. Each word can be treated like a variable with no intrinsic meaning, and it is the complexity expressed by the entire collection that forms the theory of everything as an emergent effect.

The words can be treated as Intuitionistic mathematics and those mathematics can be applied to anything, providing a way to combine fuzzy logic and classical logic, on the assumption that quantum mechanics ultimately doesn't make any sense any more than anything else. However, my poems are alive as far as I'm concerned, because that is the kind of complexity they express along with how time is not a machine. In a singularity, wherever you go, there you are, and the issue is how to embrace more of the self-evident truth.

10. Why does everything revolve around sex with you? I'm not interested in sex. I don't like it. I don't believe everything revolves around a singularity. I believe in a field. A vibrant field of joy where Sense of Humor is one of the fundamental forces of the universe.

11. wooleeheron

I'm not interested in sex right now either, nor have I ever been the least bit interested in politics, but the book I'm writing demands I explore such things in great detail as root metaphors. It took me many years to stop cussing over having to write poems about politics, which I have always despised. I've had to invent my own lexicon and physics as I go along, and the amount of exacting detail required is enough to intimidate anyone. Basically, I had to study physics, philosophy, logic, and linguistics pretty damned thoroughly, in addition to, mastering the Tao Te Ching which requires decades of studying at least six different translations. It was always just a hobby of mine, what I did for my own edification never theorizing or speculating about anything, then I accidently hit the jackpot choosing the perfect lexicon the minute I began to extrapolate poetry for the first time.

Its one of those things anyone who write our poetry can tell you, if you get the symmetry right you can often tell right away. However, I also knew it required 12 years on the average to extrapolate the poetry and never intended to make it almost 10 years now. It hit the jackpot, and many the poems I've already extrapolated could easily win cash prizes in contests, while philosophers and mathematicians will be studying them for many years to come. I've gone beyond the 180 or so established poems, into the next section of the Tao Te Ching which no one has ever been able to write. I've got maybe 250 poems now and don't how many more I'll write, but these are so mathematical it makes my head spin at times. More of these poems resemble Mandelbrot patterns, which are plain shapes that provide fewer clues.

What I'm writing is the Theory of Everything as far as I'm concerned, but writing all 430 poems isn't necessary to convey the basic idea and hopefully these poems I'm writing now will be enough to complete the set for now and publish my book. I would guess I need perhaps another twenty poems at most to take the story written in the Tao Te Ching to next level, transforming mysticism into modern physics and natural philosophy. Believe it or not, I could not care less about any recognition or whatever. I do this for my Rainbow Family who first turned me onto what it can mean to be human. Just to be another fucking human being like any other damned slob.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  12. No offense, but I'll stay a morlock.

13. wooleeheron

LOL, lowbrow slapstick is intrinsic to nature, and instant karma's gonna getcha baby! Morlocks are modern day sheeple and zombies attempting to eat each other alive.

14. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

"The Theory of Everything" is better described as the totality of that which cannot be known. Science is incredible but is as much simply an unravelling of the story of nature, which is like a book that can be both read and written if you so choose. Like so much of contemporary fiction which is bad, it is not an obligation to read it. That said, the structure of the Universe and the human mind are inextricably related, the abstraction of the mind's interpretation being a picture of that self-same always already presence at one and the same time independent and yet wholly OF the Universal ground of being. Humanity and also the animal world is the way by which the Universe come to experience itself, describe itself and add to that creation. We are in error to anthropomorphize God and that is why so many people become atheist. But as I try to imagine a process which we can liken to God this is what I am stumbling towards. Many people reject the miraculous because they want to see a fairground magician conjuring tricks. This is a poverty of perspective. If we don't counter the gross materialistic world-view and combine it with a more subtle and spiritual gestalt we really do risk losing everything. Again it doesn't serve to oppose the scientific with the spiritual. They are one and the same and the respective languages of each may be used to describe the other, it is all a matter of mind-set, semantics and phenomenological standpoint. If scientists were able to describe and model out of body experiences, (achieved without the use of psychedelics) which I know are real because I have experienced them, I wouldn't argue with their conclusions. But just because they reduced them to mathematical functions this wouldn't necessarily convince me that such experiences are not spiritual in origin. And so on. I believe it is important to foster a parallel vision of both science and spirituality and relate this to the world of the every day life-world of production and consumption, the notion of money and possession of wealth, distribution of resources and what it means to have a good quality of life. Because all of this is getting out of synch and going tits up. So many people are ready to get a glimpse of the miraculous vicariously through films and other cultural artefacts, but are blind to simply taking a look around at the magic of nature and the extraordinary abilities we all possess. I really am rambling and slightly losing the plot here but I hope the general idea is clearly conveyed.

15. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Yet all any of this does is to slap one more label on something & call it yours.

@wooleeheron I once had a theory of Everything but then I realized that no matter it's grandiosity it would never be able to account for nothing. So then I had a theory of Nothing but it too became too grandiose & I was reminded that the answer was so much simpler. Do by doing nothing & all is done.

16. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I don't understand a word you just said.

Running Horse likes this.
  17. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

nor did she

18. Running Horse

Then my job is done

McFuddy likes this.
  19. Running Horse

No but in all seriousness it's just matter of perceived reconciliation where there is none. Let me feed my kitten & take a shit then I'll start a thread to discuss.

20. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

You look like
    upload_2018-8-22_14-24-12.png

(Richard Brautigan, who never claimed to be a hippie ;-)