Enlightenment

Discussion in 'Buddhism' started by beyondtheastral, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Bud D

Bud D Member

I don't know. It's a flight or fight response. There are disabilities and drug induced states that would make you not react.

Sense is sense. Burning yourself is not a good sense. I'm sure the inner universe is aware of what is pleasant and what is hurt.

2. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

I like that.

A spectrum of intensity,
    Season to taste,
    Rhythms and intervals
    Uhh.... alimentary paste?

[​IMG]

Meh..

:beatnik:

3. Bud D

Bud D Member

None of this solves real world problems. Other than perhaps we create more problems from over reacting to situations.

I like Osho a bit. He's chill and matter of fact about nothing.

1 person likes this.
  4. heeh2

heeh2 Senior Member

I think to be enlightened is when you look around at the world and see how beautiful, and wonderful it is, and then you realize the beauty and wonder that you see is actually yourself.

5. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

What do you mean by your 'self' here? Ego or something else?

6. heeh2

heeh2 Senior Member

I suppose I do mean ego, and everything else that exists.

5x5=5x4+5=25

It all amounts to the same thing

7. Bud D

Bud D Member

Nirvana, ecstasies, bliss. Who wants worries?

8. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Enlightenment as per Buddhism would be the permanent cessation of suffering ( caused by craving/aversion) and a perpetual state of peace and joy.

I have met enlightened men and a woman in my life, and experienced a physical sensation of peace and bliss in their company constantly , which meant that they themselves were in a state of immence peace and bliss for it to overflow and spill over to others around them.

9. xXKittyxCrusaderXx

xXKittyxCrusaderXx Member

I don't think people want to open their eyes because to wake up is to learn of the atrocities that surround us, and most wouldn't be able to cope with enlightenment. It is easier to stay oblivious. Than to realize what we have let ourselves become and do by putting structure and logic to the world. A world built upon chaos and random encounters.
    We define everything and suppose it should have purpose instead of letting it be what it is. We ignore natural laws in favor of our creating the human disposition that stint us in achieving our goals that is enlightenment.

1 person likes this.
  10. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

so buddhists have to be pussies?

can't say fuck?

i have a card - i am a card carrying buddhist

guess i'm also still an asshole

i could even be enlightened
    and still an asshole

bet if you go around asking people who think they're enlightened how enlightened they are you'll find being an asshole is almost a prerequisite

look on this site - this is really cool - someone i know started interviewing those who thought they were enlightened

www.batgap.com

1 person likes this.
  11. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

i would tell you but you haven't a clue as to the exhaustion of phenomenon as a spontanous occurance during shamatha - so just give up th intellectual pursuit - makes you sound like a dope - there are two buddhists - meditating and thinkiing - hate me, hate your mother