England has Rainbow '06!!!

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by Fagin_The_Pagan, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Elliott

Elliott Banned

come and say hi

2. Sun_Angel

Sun_Angel Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

hehe,I will for sure ;)

3. good_morning_vietnam

good_morning_vietnam Member

(formerly peace_frog)

Hi! So, is there any more news about Rainbow '06???? I can't e-mail the England Caravan group cause I'm not a member and I don't have a Yahoo e-mail to join and....well... I don't want to set one up either [​IMG] If I do only one thing this summer (which I'm not) it's to attend the Gathering so I GOTTA go [​IMG]

Peace

4. Sun_Angel

Is any news about rainbow gathering place? I'm not a yahoo member too so bad..

5. Svi

Svi Member

I'm flying into Ireland in three weeks. I's planning to hop a boat to France and try to catch the Netherlands gathering then Belguim. What I was wondering, how is the UK law enforcement going to react to the gathering? Also, I've never been to Europe, so I'm trying to connect with some family. Lots of music, lots of love... Svi

6. aloneinabigbadworld

aloneinabigbadworld Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

What's a rainbow gathering?

7. Svi

Svi Member

Picture Woodstock (1969) 'cept all the music is acoustic. Thousands of people camped throughout the woods, bongo drums echoing across the meadow, camp kitchens serving free food. People of all different religions coming together to pray for world peace. (At least that's the idea) Since we're different religions, we don't pray with words (or there'd just be arguing), we hold hands in a circle before the meal and say: "Ommmmm... Ommmm...". When there's thousands of people in the circle, there are pretty amazing vibrations. Of course there are people who show up just to get loaded or steal your shit, that's mostly just the American nationals. It's our job to show these people a better way. You'll find plenty of religious wing nuts, but it's a great place to connect with artists, poets, musicians; certainly anybody could find friends at a Rainbow Gathering. Even the forest rangers are nice, when they're not trampling us with their horses, arresting people for being naked, or writing tickets for digging holes, illegally gathering, or smoking grass in the woods.

Love and smiles Svi

8. Beatle Kat

Beatle Kat Member

gosh i wish i could come!Unfortunately my place is quite far away from the UK..i guess I'll have to wait for a year,until I become an adult.. :/

9. aloneinabigbadworld

Svi, how long have they been running?

10. Svi

Svi Member

I think the first gathering was in '72. {Colorado} They called it the gathering of the tribes because it was different hippy crews from around the country meeting up. I don't know all the details, I'm sure you could find it on the web somewhere. It basically started with Woodstock. Grateful Dead, Merry Pranksters, you should read the Electric Koolaid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe.

11. aloneinabigbadworld

12. nananie

nananie Member

any new news on this?

13. Fagin_The_Pagan

Fagin_The_Pagan Member

Well the lates happening is that we're holding an international collective meditation to help the English Rainbow Family in their mission to find land for the gathering and to help them all work together better.

http://hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167424

Other than that we're still looking for land, scouts should be coming up north soon where I'm trying to organise a full moon scouts meeting to work out the next stage of the work. We might be heading ocer to the Holy Island to see if we can do our thang there. Who knows?

Love and sexy foxes,

Fagin....

14. Sun_Angel

hmmm still very quiet here....
    I'm leaving in close time and wanna know where to go.... ;)

15. Fagin_The_Pagan

Fagin_The_Pagan Member

Nearly found a site last week but it didn't happen in the end. Shame, it was a really beautiful bit of land. I'm sorry I can't give you any info at the moment Sun_Angel, we are trying hard to find a site but its an uphill struggle. We should have somewhere within the month. If you find yourself in England and don't know where to go i suggest that you head in the direction of Glastonbury and the west country. If you need to gather than check out some of these happenings: www.campscene-directory.co.uk

Hope that's of some help.

love, Fagin.

16. Sun_Angel

wow,thanks for the site.I wish I can join this events!
    I'm sending You a lot of good ,warm vibrations .Keep looking for beautfil place to meet together :) I think I 'll spend some time in Holland 's squats and then I 'll find ya all :)

*hugs*

17. aloneinabigbadworld

Have you found a site yet Fagin?

18. Fagin_The_Pagan

Fagin_The_Pagan Member

Scouts are out in full force at the moment and a site should be confirmed in a couple of weeks. I'll keep you all posted.

Peace.

19. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

hey i will be in england in jan-may 2007. I hope i can go to a gathering while i'm out there.

20. Fagin_The_Pagan

Fagin_The_Pagan Member

Hi Bumble, obviously due to the very cold and wet weather at that time of year we don't have much in the way of gatherings going on. This is the first year that the Rainbow Family are coming to England and they probably wont have another gathering here for many years to come. A tribe called Rainbow Circle have their Beltane Gathering from 29th April - 14th May and there's a few other things going on but they will almost definately be ticketed gatherings rather than Magic Hat.

What part of England are you going to be in? There are a fair few alternative scene type places that are definately worth a visit like the Findhorn Community and the eco-village at Tinker's Bubble. Another place that you should definately stay at is Tipi Valley in Wales. One of the most amazing communities that I've ever had the privillage to stay with.

If you need any info or just fancy a chat about good old England, please feel free to ask. I'm putting two links below to websites for the Camp Scene Directory and Festival Eye. They have pretty good listings of all the stuff going on throughout the year. They won't be updated for 2007 yet but most of the gatherings will probably be the same.

http://www.campscene-directory.co.uk
    http://www.festivaleye.com