Enemy At The Gates

Discussion in 'Movies' started by peacefuljeffrey, Jan 22, 2005.

1. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

Wow! I got this movie last night from the $5.50 bin at Walmart! I haven't gone more than about 20 minutes into it, and one of these initial scenes has Jude Law taking on the role of a sniper when he and a guy are pinned down by some German troops (Law plays a Russian WWII soldier). He shoots like five guys, four of them done each time a bomb falls, to conceal the sound of his rifle-shot. It's an amazing scene! Since it's only five bucks, you should go get it and watch it. It's pretty friggin' cool!

-Jeffrey

2. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

It's a good movie, I've enjoyed it. :D Some of the scenes are quit nice. :D

3. northernlehigh97

northernlehigh97 Senior Member

Awesome movie!!!

Danilov: I want to help you, Vassili. Let me do one last thing, something useful for a change.
    [Takes off his helmet]
    Danilov: Let me show you where the Major is.

That part was the funniest thing I have ever seen. Ok so I have a bad sense of humor. It was a great historical movie.

4. puddin

puddin Banned

So true. I hated all the characters.

5. puddin

puddin Banned

Good movie though

6. Dr.antelope

Dr.antelope Member

i thought it was to long..

7. AbloodmoneyA

AbloodmoneyA Member

It was good to see a WWII movie in a different setting than usual. Plus I loved the battles between the two snipers. So cool.

8. m6m

m6m Member

It was maddening to witness the largest bloodiest battle of the largest bloodiest war in history reduced to a mere backround for two little insignificant snipers.

The backround was awesomely done in this movie, and was far more interesting than the main sniper plot; Which just got in the way.

I know, the battle is just too big to be able to focus on any clear dramatic struggle, but it would have been better to focus on one or more starving children sneaking around the battle looking for food and trying to survive.

Seeing the battle-torn city through their impressionable eyes would have been far more dramatic, powerful, and memorable.

9. White Scorpion

White Scorpion 4umotographer

The only thing that spoiled it for me was Judd Law. He looked the part and I can't criticise him for something I myself couldn't do, but he lacked the spirit of this legendary soldier. This was a true story and in Hollywood fashion they served it in a little paper box with large fries and a coke attached. All these true story movies are great when you don't know the history, as for example m6m's, eye-opening statement(btw very good, mate), but for someone who is affected by history, due to culture, or nationality they are an insult.(as was Alexander to everyone living in Greece).

10. SpliffVortex

SpliffVortex Senior Member

lets take it one step futher, i have not seen the movie yet "i well" but the most famous and the snipers with the most kill "this IS a fact" were russian woman snipers and few americans "public" knows anything about them and have never been shown or talk about in any western WW 2 movies one of this russian woman snipers had 800 confirm kills. there were a few more with slight less.

11. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I was watching it today.

Good performance, but a very shitty holywoo plot, and a bad representation of Stalingrad.

12. wrine420

wrine420 Member

The "sex" scene was raw and dirty. Oddly erotic in my opinion. Maybe its cause Rachael Weisz is so friggen hot.

13. hayduke_lives5447

hayduke_lives5447 Sancho

I thought it was a great movie, but then again I tend to like anything where nazis get shot.