Ending The Wall

Discussion in 'Movies' started by MysticSnowcone, Jan 31, 2005.

1. MysticSnowcone

MysticSnowcone Member

I just finished watching Pink Floyd's The Wall for the first time in my life. It kicked a lot of ass, but im sure everyone has already acknowledged this fact.

What i dont understand is the very ending after the Wall is torn down! Can someone explain to me what's supposed to be going on in the last scene??

2. RoBoWaLkEr

RoBoWaLkEr Member

I was never really sure about that one...but then again, I think it's just one of those things that's open to anyone's interpretation. But yeah, good movie though.

3. mart_182

mart_182 Member

i read somewhere that it's meant to symbolise the rebuilding of the wall, but the whole film is definately open to individual interpretation. im still pondering about who/what the judge is. i cant decide whether the judge is his own conscience or if the judge is the manifestation of the wall itself, im trying to figure out WHO would be the one responsible for deciding whether the wall comes down or not. any ideas?

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

We build these psychological walls to protect our psyche, which is what "The Wall" represents. But when those walls we build become too high, they're going to eventually come crashing down. After they do, we continue on in our bleak existence, sifting through the rubble, trying to make sense of it all as best as we can.

As far as the Judge, it represents Pink's conscience and his guilt.

5. Unkle_John

Unkle_John Member

just what i think as well, PR