encounters with the family dog whilst tripping

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Archemetis, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

has anyone else noticed the way dogs react, when one is tripping? even dogs who have known me my whole life get real weird and growl or bark or get all anxious. its like they dont recognize me. iv had freinds talk to me about having the same thing happen to them, often.

2. Ole_Goat

Ole_Goat Member

Maybe dogs think you're possessed by the Devil. They seem to have the innate sence of Devil possession.

3. PurpleGel

PurpleGel Senior Member

you're giving off bad vibes or something--that's weird.

when i'm on acid and around the "family" dog, i notice that i'm much more able to communicate with the animal. it seems like we're both on the same level of existence and can "talk" with each other without using words. the dog seems more attracted to my prescence, not afraid or bothered.

4. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

yea animals like me when im on psychedelics and i like them. my rabbit is fun to play with on acid :D

5. eshu

eshu Member

I totally agree that animals are much more "accessible" when one is one lsd. they feel something is different. sometimes, a pigeon won't fly away at three inches away from one's face, a cat will study you long time, a dog will be surprised.. some friends even told mysterious experiences with wild animals.

one night, I remember a big white dog met us at one of our psychedelic trance gatherings. he froze when he came nearer. while we were caressing his coat, he was studying our faces one after another. confused! this situation took a good 15 minutes. he did not flinch. yet his confusion was at an end, he was much more at ease.

then a friend of mine told the dog "why not go and run around a bit, hmm?".
    the dog looked at us one more time and ran away.

yes, maybe our minds are working at a different level, maybe we even release different pheromones; somehow, animals "know" and "react"

give them good vibes, they shall return it :)

6. VolcomStoner420

VolcomStoner420 Member

i tried to feed my cat acid once but it fell out of his mouth on the floor so i ate it and he missed out. stupid ass cat

7. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

I think the reason animals act strangely when people are tripping is that they sense that we are in a more primal/instinctual mode than we usually are. Sometimes our trips are anxious and difficult and sometimes they are wonderful, and pets react accordingly.

8. bluflame

bluflame Member

your fuckin stupid for trying to give your cat acid...it probably would have killed them, they wouldnt know that they were trippin.

9. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

Yeah have you ever seen a cat on acid? they have like insane seizures and seem really scared. It really upsets me. They have no idea what's going on.

10. Pmeth

Pmeth Member

wow....kids like you shoudnt be using substances.

11. ~peace~

~peace~ Senior Member

i was playing with my friends cat for like an hour and a half wen i was on shrooms...fur is so fuckin cool to stroke..

lol i was stroking my friends pussy haha

12. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

iv definatly connected deeply with animals when tripping, and iv had some amazing wild animal encounters....but for whatever reason dogs (just dogs) iv know well, dont seem to really recognize me when tripping, that or they dont know what to think of my difference. maybe it has more to do with the enviornment... my being at houses were i needed to act sober, and feeling that head trip/anxiety