Enbrightenment

Discussion in 'Gurus' started by Siddha Buddha, Jan 16, 2011.

1. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

This thread has been enlightening.

2. PB_Smith

PB_Smith Huh? What? Who, me?

Problem is when you try to force new meanings to words and create terminology, your teachings become about as clear as mud.

3. PB_Smith

Don't you mean Enbrightening?

4. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

No I don't.

en·light·en (Verb)1. Give (someone) greater knowledge and understanding about a subject or situation.

5. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

I see both and can see the difference.

6. Siddha Buddha

Siddha Buddha Member

If my ideas are not new, which I know they are not, why must they be disconnected from the past traditions? This is an assumption. Your spin on tradition is lacking in substance.

The tradition is new, only because that which has grown old, and is polluted by the history of interpretation is being presented directly from the original author, again. In this offering, the tradition (God Realization - which dates back beyond Patanjali, beyond Buddha, even Krishna), there are is no room for secondary interpretation of the script. The original author gives the teachings. In other words, unlike the Bible, all writings are from one source.

Enbrightenment fits perfectly. It is not true then to claim it is not tradition, while at the same time claiming there is nothing new. Contradiction.

Enbrightenment is not for the masses to flock to, that will not be the case, if there was egotistical jargon as the fundamental teachings that supported people having their own version of truth, Enbrightenment would already be filled with the kind of people that demonstrate "psychotic mania with delusional tendencies".

The creation of every spiritual and religious tradition borders on "psychotic mania with delusional tendencies", but that is due to the perspective consciousness of Narcissus, not God Consciousness. Tradition can start with one person, and that tradition can be re-created again and again. History has shown this, your limited definitions of tradition do not account for the original creation of the tradition, it is not like spiritual traditions were written on stones for mankind to find after we got here.

Your critique of nothing new, and that Enbrightenment is not a tradition, do not follow.

7. Siddha Buddha

Siddha Buddha Member

:sunny:

8. thedope

PBSmith's treatment of tradition, by definition, is as substantive as it gets.

So you are claiming to be an ancient being and to be the author of some ancient text around which was founded all other traditions.
    If there is no room for interpretation, why did you ask for one. I don't know if you are aware of this or not, but everything read, requires the interpretation of symbols to convey meaning. You are speaking gibberish.

"Enbrightenment" is not a tradition and your ideas are not new.

It is already filled out with it's lone constituent.

Again more gibberish. Religious traditions more than any thing are transmitted
    orally. PBSmiths correct definitions should be studied by you for posterity.

9. thedope

Knowledge is, being shared.

10. PB_Smith

Not my definitions dude, those are the excepted definitions for the arrangement of letters that form the word "tradition" as it is commonly used in the English language.
    Those definitions come straight from Merriam-Websters dictionary of the English language.

THAT typifies what I meant when I remarked about you applying "new" definitions to words to suit your convoluted philosophy.

11. Siddha Buddha

Siddha Buddha Member

I raised the flag that your definitions of tradition did not account for the creation of a tradition.

God has revealed It Self across many years. This progressive awakening has not stopped. Enbrightenment is a modern continuation of a 'collaborative spiritual growth for a global community'.

"Once the quote ends, the interpretation begins." Within the tradition of Enbrightenment there must be clear definitions that hold particular meanings. These linguistic structures are created to hold meaning through a progressive dialectical exegesis of God Realization. In other words, over our history many traditions have sprung up on with one God in common. The monotheistic traditions, even within Hinduism there is a monotheistic tradition have carried the common language of there is only one God. This language has evolved, grown and appeared as different spiritual/religious traditions. The is the context for the creation of Enbrightenment.

12. thedope

You are claiming to be an initiate of an ancient esoteric tradition, and that my friend, is a delusion.

Specifically in what way at the moment?

Meaning what. Your statement was ludicrous on the face of it.

13. PB_Smith

Again, not my definitions, those are the excepted definitions of the word "tradition" in the English language. I'm not the one making up new terms and definitions here.

Actually one common feature of all those definitions of the word tradition imply a collective or communal acceptance of said story, belief or practice to the point that it is commonly adopted by the societal group in question, and as such it becomes tradition.
    Enbrightenment does NOT meet that implied criteria.

14. thedope

You are deceiving yourself if you think you are in possession of some revealed language of truth. Your position is becoming even less redeeming than it was, as a comic entertainment.

15. Siddha Buddha

Siddha Buddha Member

The definitions did not tell the whole story of 'tradition'. Never said they are wrong, simply incomplete.

People transmitted traditions orally because they could not write, read and/or had the means to convey the teachings in another way. I accept that that all media is a viable way to communicate.

16. thedope

Your claim of direct and unfettered solidarity with ancient tradition does not constitute tradition but egomania.

That is not the point son, you claim to be transmitting an ancient document, you said, of the "original author". I am glad that you can "accept" there are many means of communication, however reality does not require your acceptance to be what it is.

17. thedope

Siddha buddha, you need to get yourself some metaphors that can be generally related to, or some inspired aphorisms that cause people to think.

Are you at large in the general population?

18. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Avatar Adi Da (1939-2008) realized 'the bright' as a child . another expression he had for a childhood spiritual experience is 'the thumbs' , and this he eventually described as a physical sensation occurring during meditation - a tension in the throat .

is Embrightenment source'related to the language of Adi Da ?

he started out as a little Lutheran kid , became an american guru among L.A. hippies in the 70's , in maturity he established an ashram of hermitage/residence in the Figi Islands .

19. thedope

I think it is more related to the language of addidas.

20. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

a master's feet are holy , hmm , as in more-so than k'nose hair
    i suppose .

come to think of it , once i had a blessing of me
    feet's by love a love of severity that only i know of
    even tho i was deep within the family