Empty street

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Vladimir Illich, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I live in a side turning approx 100 yards from a main route into and out of the city. A short while ago I went to the front door and stood on the door step to get some fresh air - both the side road and the main road were empty not only of traffic but people walking about too - its like a ghost town here !!!

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Same Here......On The Road That Borders My Little Farm I Saw No Cars For Most Of

The Day.......Just A Couple Of "Tradies Utes"......A School Bus......And That Was About It........

The Only time It Gets This Quiet Is Xmas Day.......And Even Then It Picks Up Around Lunch

Time With Peeps Driving To Visit Relatives And Friends...... :(

Cheers Glen.

wilsjane likes this.
  3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I have never seen London like this in my entire life.
    The lack of aircraft roaring over every 40 seconds 18 hours a day makes it kind of eerie, but that is an eerie that I could happily live with. :yum:

4. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

The same here.
    Maybe we will get tumble weed????

jagerhans likes this.
  5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I consider you to be lucky in that regard @Vladimir Illich. Here, I can't walk to the mailbox (it's across the street from the house) without waiting for a passing car or two. Lots of people are staying in, but it would seem there are still those who ignore the recommendations, driving past with their arm hanging out the window... smh.

6. Vladimir Illich

At least you have a letter box near you, my nearest letter box is actually located at the Post Office itself about 1 mile (three streets) away !!!

soulcompromise and Candy Gal like this.
  7. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

Here where I live it sounds thoroughly dead. Maybe I should consider take the opportunity and paint my house, I already have the materials. BTW overnight the lockdown rules changed, now only certified "absolute necessity" justifies sorties.

8. Vladimir Illich

Yeah but I still have to visit Hospital on Thursday for the blood test despite being an ancient decrepit crinkly !!!

9. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

crinkly hehe. can relate to that, I have chronically ill relatives here one of which latched non-stop to a couple of humongous oxygen tanks and hospital tests are a problem. Now with covid-19 this adds up to the already thick anxiety layer. I simply cannot afford getting covid because it is guaranteed that would be disastrous

10. phil1965

phil1965 Senior Member

I'm sat in my front room and feeling seriously angry, all day there's been youngsters traipsing up and down the street like it's some kind of holiday! why the hell are we bothering, it's pathetic, no police on the streets, something needs to be done, or tomorrow will be worse, if it goes on as it is, we'll be back to normal by Friday.

11. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

Wifey and I went on a lovely exercise walk this afternoon and it was really lovely walking along the promenade without loads of tourists and people about.
    Normally at 3.45PM when I took these photos it would be buzzing down there.
    But as you can see, even the Café has cordoned off its seats.
    All very sad really though.

[/ATTACH] 050B8140-6709-460B-B77B-D68476C06ED0.jpeg 4964F790-3CDD-45E5-9CAF-E2D39F45722B.jpeg DDF5504A-E99C-4CF8-9266-58026414C402.jpeg 7A3733B7-94D4-4719-9480-9F0DADCA1AFE.jpeg

12. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

Good luck with that Vlad.
    Only this morning I have received a letter from our local hospital to say that due to the Corona Virus both my 30th March 2020 and my 14th April appointments with Cardiology have been cancelled.
    Goodness knows how long for.
    I just have to hope that my ticker keeps working until I can be seen! :smile:

13. ultravio1et

ultravio1et Members

I live above a restaurant in a small town high street in the south east and there's always noise coming from below me or from my front windows all year round. Now, it's like it's 3am all day

14. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

GOOD - That's what people should be doing - OR - they are going to die!