Employment Drug Test Question

Discussion in 'Drug Testing and Legal Issues' started by tw1sted25, Mar 27, 2014.

1. tw1sted25

tw1sted25 Guest

I have a drug test tomorrow for a job. I went to the ER a couple days ago because I threw my back out and they gave me a Percocet. I'm pretty sure that I won't pass the drug test because of that. But other than that I have nothing else in my system. What should I tell them? Thank you for any and all help.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

probably wont get the job cause they see users do this often to cover their drug trails. get doctor to write excuse ect.. dont need sick people working for them. risk they need not take with the next applicant..

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

If your just taking them for the high they will be in your system for at least a few days.

If you got them for a legit reason in a ER you should be able to get some sort of documentation for it. Then maybe the employer will be willing to retest you in a while so you can prove your clean. They can not discriminate for valid prescriptions. But before you are hired they can pretty much do whatever they want. They can decide not to hire you for any reason they decide. It is only when your an employee that you get some rights. And it is possible just the fact that you have the prescription is enough to pass you over. You are labeled as less then healthy and a possible addict even if you are not. Pain pills get a hold of people without them realizing it. Especially for blue collar jobs bosses hate them and have no problem telling you so.

4. OddApple

OddApple Member

Take your discharge papers from er and ask up front if anything on it will affect your test. By doing this you are declaring with documentation which is about all you can do. It also lets them say what the outcome will be. They may say it will show but is accounted for, or they may not depends on the people.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Even ER prescribed medicine will be frowned upon in the work force? That's messed up. What a joke.

6. OddApple

OddApple Member

We're not really doing rules here right now. Especially some of our government....

7. Victor Montanez

Victor Montanez Guest

one of my friend was suffering from same problem as yours. he smokes some weed and had a drug test before being a part of soccer team at his school. We did some research and found that there are some sure short ways of passing a complete drug test. DrugTestTips.com
    along with some other blogs and youtube. Thank god he passed his test. If he did then so can you.