Eminem Mockingbird

Discussion in 'Music' started by kilz, Jan 7, 2005.

1. tpgi

tpgi Member

im not a big fan of rap at all, but i hate when ppl get into arguments like this. First of all do not compare rap to rock, u just can't. So eminem is not better than phish and phish isnt better than eminem, they are completely different its like saying apples are better than oranges. What i mean by that is it is just an oppinion one person might say apples are better and another might say oranges are better, neither is wrong. Furthermore eminem i believe is definately really good at wat he does, and i think that ppl should at least listen to a few of his songs that arnt on the radio (alot of his radio songs have a poppier sound to them) before denouncing him as terrible. Also its just stupid for ppl to say that he doesnt care about his music. Just because its different than what you listen to doesnt mean its trash with no meaning, he writes almost if not all of his songs, and obviously cares a lot about them.

2. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I just said the Phish thing to piss people off...although I think phish is one of the worst bands ever
    I really do like eminem though...watch the "up in smoke" dvd....its intense.

3. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

yeap, very good tour DVD

4. northernlehigh97

northernlehigh97 Senior Member

My first problem is that Eminem has less musical talent than the guys at the local rescue mission who play the guitar. This idiot can't even play an instrument. He can only strut around like a fool and speak words into a microphone. If I want strutting, I'll call Mick Jagger (who is a real artist). The simple fact is, Eminem's real business should be hanging out with Vanilla Ice. I also hate the fact that Eminem's songs are all about how cool he is. Does he really think that we give a damn about the made-up bullshit he's singing about himself? Who does he think he is, a columnist? But what solutions exist to the problems caused by wannabes such as Eminem? Well, the only true way is to accept the fact that good music died along with John Bonham in 1980. Led Zeppelin was the ultimate peak of rock and roll. There's really no point in continuing. But I don't think that people will accept this solution, especially teenyboppers who are too unrefined to understand the depth and beauty of Jimmy Page's guitar and Robert Plant's lyrics.

5. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

eminem says controversial stuff just to get recognized or to sell more records, I think...

he is funny sometimes, but most of the time he gets annoying.

6. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

k seriously, i will say this 1 more time, SHUT THE FUCK UP IF U ARE NOT EDUCATED ON THE SUBJECT, yea every single eminem song is about how "cool" he is, although i cant think of 1 that has that theme. U, like others in this thread before, and like it's ALREADY BEEN POINTED OUT are classifying him as a "wigger" i guess your just that narrow minded that u cant accept a white man in a "black" labeled music genre. I guess u would call a White jazz musician a wigger as well then? even though what you classify as a real "muscian" is playing an instrument.

what i find the funniest though, is how u a 26 year old, thinks u know the "peak" of rock and roll and when it died in 1980, the year u would turn 1. Give me a fucking break just cause u can chronicle the stages of rock doesnt mean you know shit about them compared to people who ACTUALLY LIVED IN THAT ERA, u talk like u know about classic rock yet are too young to have lived in it's prime.

7. northernlehigh97

northernlehigh97 Senior Member

It's funny how you get all defensive yet you can't back up anything you are saying but by swearing. I could really care less if he was white and singing reggae. His music still sucks. I back up my opinion, now you back up yours. The words wigger never came out of my mouth. I don't stereo type anyone. I love all nationalities. And I guess he doesn't talk about himself at all when every song begins with I'm back or how he's the real slim shady. And yes I'm 26, but have enough knowledge to realize what real music is. So now I'm sure once agin you can turn this around by swearing since that is what you seem to be good at, just like Eminem. Swearing really makes you soooo cool.

8. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

These are free-speech forums, are they not?
    It is quite a sad day when people believe there is a race for being the most repulsive "artist".
    Hahaha. [​IMG]
    Try Tupac, Chuck D, NWA, and Michael Franti.

No, it is because he is not talented when it comes to music. He cannot play an instrument, he cannot hold a note when he is singing, he cannot write meaningful songs. That is music.
    What the fuck are you talking about?? Twista can write and rhyme much, much, much better than Eminem ever could.

You go on believing this... :rolleyes: