Eminem Mockingbird

Discussion in 'Music' started by kilz, Jan 7, 2005.

1. kilz

kilz Member

2. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

Who the fuck cares? Eminem is a disgrace to all music, including rap/hiphop.

3. Blue_sky

Blue_sky Guest

What makes him a disgrace?
    I dont usually like Em, but his last few songs i have liked....you've got to atleast recognise that he speaks the truth rather than just punping out crap to make money....he doess say what he wants to say, i respect that.

4. soulrebel51

Do you really need to ask this question?
    No mainstream rapper does this. If they did, they wouldn't have a career anymore.
    So does George W. Bush.

5. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

mmm yea ok buddy, dont talk shit when u know nothing about music.

6. Donna

Donna ***BABUSKA***

Eminem sucks

7. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

*shrugs* Eminem is better than Phish.

He IS a good rapper, it cannot be argued.

8. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

why dont u actually present an argument rather than bashing?

are u jealous that somone who can swear, make fun of homosexuals and countless other things considered "taboo" by society can be more popular and more succesful than your clean cut mellow rock groups?

9. kilz

kilz Member

this is his best song

10. Joe Cool

Joe Cool Member

11. LivingLegends

LivingLegends Senior Member

12. soulrebel51

Other musicians/bands that are more popular than good rock groups:

New Kids On The Block
    Backstreet Boys
    Ricky Martin
    N'Sync
    Ashlee Simpson
    50 Cent
    Jessica Simpson
    Ja Rule
    Britney Spears

hmm yep, Eminem fits right in with them [​IMG]

13. clockworkorangeagain

clockworkorangeagain femme fatale

haha i have to agreee...eminems best asset is that hot bod....not his feel sorry for me jerkoff music...that is as succinct as my answer shall be

14. northernlehigh97

northernlehigh97 Senior Member

Eminem sucks. Period. There really is little more to be said about him, but, trust me, I’ll try my best to find something to say. There’s really just nothing good to say about a person who is so average and devoid of personality that he can fill an entire room with people who look and act exactly like him. On top of that, the guy complains about there being imitators of his style, when, in reality, he hasn’t been around for much longer than a year, which is not nearly enough time to have accumulated many, if any, imitators, and, on top of that, he’s the only white rapper I have seen in a long while- another reason why I find it hard to believe that he has “imitators”. It seems all "Slim Shady" wishes to do is whine about things that really aren't worth whining about, and it doesn't take long for the intuitive listener to realize that he is actually looking for things to bitch about- nay, begging for things to bitch about. But his fans will say, "isn't that exactly what you are doing- complaining about things?" Well, I'm glad you mentioned that. Yes, I do complain about worldly issues, but unlike Eminem, I am not shoving my negativity and bitterness down everyone's throats. I have more tact than that, and for that you can thank me later. Anywho, enough of me- back to Eminem. Another interesting point- “Slim Shady” manages to offend nearly every group in “The Real Slim Shady”, but tactfully avoids saying anything that would directly offend the key demographic- teenagers. Even the mighty “Eminem” gives in to simple politics in the name of the elusive dollar. Case in point-he sucks!

15. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

bwhahahah k buddy, again, shut the fuck up if u dont know anything about music.​
    I first heard of Eminem, being sort of a part of the "pop" culture scene in elementary school, that was 6 years ago!​
    get your facts straight before u post pointless bullshit, your post "trying" to pick apart his character and explain him is nothing more than meaningless rambling, get some facts before u try to prove somthing.​

16. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

wow, and NONE of them, not even 50 do what em does in his songs.

if u are offended by his music/dislike his music then he is only winning, the whole poitn of the majority of his music is to piss people off/ make people think, and in doing this it causes publicity, which in turn sells records. Shock value is everything in the record buisness.

17. LivingLegends

LivingLegends Senior Member

18. soulrebel51

And just what exactly is this?
    My mind does not allow me to get offended by crap.
    Sorry for being a music fan... :rolleyes:
    Winning what? He''s getting rich, wooptee-fuckin-doo! Many musicians get rich for making crap "music"
    Make people think? Hahahaha! I doubt Eminem gives a fuck about what his "music" does to people. The only reason he makes "music" is to make money, he has no other cares.

19. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

It seems most people dislike eminem because he is a "wigger" like their whiteness is offended by him. He HAS talent, maybe you don't like rap.

20. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

haha if your not offended then why bother replying? why bother posting your opinion that he is a bad artist? He's winning in that when people are disgusted, outraged, and annoyed by his music, they get angry, they begin to protest, and boycot his music, which does nothing more than give him more publicity and more listeners ie. more money, now like u say "he may not give a fuck what his music does for people" anymore.....but before, even on the "eminem show" his lyrics showed compassion for his music, NO ONE, and i mean ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NO ONE is as good lyricist as him, in all the albums previous to encore no one could touch those rhymes, cuts, and hooks.

Now i dont give a rats ass about peoples opinions, fuck i could care less if u put a gun down your throat and pulled the trigger, but i do get offended when people disregard talent and simply bash, "oh he sucks" "i hate him" bla bla bla, at least show a point to your bashing. the ONLY reason a music fan of ANY type can dislike him is for appearance, use of language, homophobia and sexism [not like other musicians havent used one or even all three of those before in their own music] in the rap world, he is the most talented individual alive and that CANNOT be agued, it just simply cannot.

saying eminem has no talent or is a bad musician, buisnessman, or entrepanuer is just as blatently false as saying Team Canada is bad at hockey.