Elvis Costello

Discussion in 'Music' started by bokonon, Jun 1, 2004.

1. bokonon

bokonon Senior Member

Does Costello have any fans around here?

A friend of mind who is well up on his music tells me he's certainly worth investigating. I got from him his debut "My Aim Is True" which I like a lot, few listens in. But seems to me it's exactly what I was expecting. Has he changed his style at all over the years?

What are your favourite Costello albums?

2. deezee

deezee Member

i love elvis costello and think that "my aim is true" is one of the best first albums ever released. there's not a bad song on it. you might want to get "this year' model" next. it's his next album. elvis has changed his style signifigantly over the years. he's no longer the angry young man and his music reflects that now.but he's a brilliant song writer and a fantastic performer. i just saw him a few months ago and he hasn't lost anything in concert from his old performing days back in the late 70's.

deezee

3. geraldine

geraldine Member

Elvis Costello is brilliant!!

I have the 1979 album Armed Forces and I love it to bits...
    and yeah his style has changed significantly but he's still an amazing songwriter

4. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

I have some of his stuff on vinyal, but I don't listen as much as I should.
    Love the s/n, big vonnegut fan myself.

5. sassure

sassure Member

Elvis Costello's "Alison" was a masterpiece of a song. After that first CD, I didn't hear anything else I liked, though his slow-as-we-go latest is the best thing I've heard in years. Now that he's slowed to a Krall, the rock side of him may well be kaput.....

6. greasytuesday

greasytuesday Member

I think hes awesome, definetly check out some of his earlier songs, like olivers army, radio, i don't wanna go to the chelsea. Cool guy as well; his dad was in the R. Whites Lemonades ads!