Elven Ears

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by TeknoShaman, May 28, 2007.

1. TeknoShaman

TeknoShaman Member

For the last four to five years I have wanted to get plastic surgery to have my ears become pointed on the top ends. Nothing big an fancy, like LOTR elves. What would your moral, psychological, ideological, etc. view on this?

2. SILVERWOLF_87

SILVERWOLF_87 Member

Hey, if you want to spend the time and money to make your ears pointy and shit, go for it. It's your body after all.

3. The_Moroccan_Raccoon

The_Moroccan_Raccoon Senior Member

i personally wouldnt do it for myself, but it sounds like a pretty cool idea. is it even possible? its your ears, and you should feel free to do what you want with them.

4. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

5. charmcityhippie

charmcityhippie Member

my ears are slightly pointed. when i was growing up, i was told i looked like a pixie.
    the surgical procedure looks quite painful, in my opinion, but the finished results look great!! if you want it, go for it!!

6. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

sure is interesting.

7. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

i agree that it seems painful. I hope you don't sleep on your side or stomach! You'll HAVE to sleep on your back for quite a while!
    But, I think it's your decision. I like it personally and would consider doing it myself!

8. dances in pajamas

dances in pajamas strange little girl

If you think you'll be happy for the rest of your life having pointy ears, go ahead. It's a neat idea, but I would never do it, for a lot of reasons. But whatever makes you happy.

9. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Hell, while you're at it, go for the whole Finntroll look.

10. TeknoShaman

TeknoShaman Member

I had to try to do some research for this one. What, hair like an 80's metal band? I'm confused. Please do explain.

11. TangerineSoul

TangerineSoul Member

Not even kidding, I considered this seriously for about three years. I'm not obsessed with the idea anymore, but it's still something in the back of my mind that if the opportunity arose, I would go for it. I say if the idea of pointed ears makes you happy, go ahead!

12. InsaneAndProud

InsaneAndProud Member

hmm...unsure if you should get surgery to change it...but if i saw someone that actually got elven looking ears and they looked real id probably get obsessed with them, god i love elves *drools*

13. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

well here ya go boys an girls..

http://www.neatorama.com/2007/10/26/pointy-ears/

[​IMG]

New York plastic surgoen Dr. Lajos Nagy created a surgical procedure to make human ears pointed, like a mythological creature. From his website:
    A newfangled extravagance is spreading amongst the music-lover youngsters of New York, which, after invading America, is sure to conquer the whole world. Ears becoming pointed as a result of plastic surgery not only enhance the attractiveness of the face, but also improve the experience of listening to music.

Dr. Nagy is planning to introduce the method in Hungary.

14. hippiehillbilly

wow,chicks dig it to..

[​IMG]

http://www.plasmetic.com/latest-trends/ear-surgery/enjoy-music-get-pointed-ears-.html

What started as an exception may soon become the norm if recent trends are anything to go by. Pointed ears, made famous by Star Trek's Mr Spock, seem to be the choice of many music loving youngsters in New York. They are resorting to plastic surgery to get the perfect pair of pointed ears. Today, ear sculpting is being offered by many body art and modification shops. Developed by Hungarian plastic surgeon, Dr. Lajos Nagy, pointed ears apparently enhances music listening experience.

Highlights of ear sculpting
    a. This is a comparatively recent trend.
    b. The procedure is safe and can be easily tolerated by patients.
    c. It is a one-day-surgery and involves the use of local anesthesia.
    d. It involves the careful dissection of the structures at the upper pole of the earlobe.
    e. The reshaping is done by modellation of a chondro-cutaneous flap, which contains the cartilage and skin of the patient.
    f. The new shape is fixed with absorbable sutures and the skin is closed with unabsorbable uninterrupted sutures.
    g. The new ears are bandaged for a week.
    h. Sutures are removed after 2 weeks.
    i. Results are visible after the removal of the bandage, but the swelling of soft tissues and the final shape of the ear is seen after 3 to 4 weeks.

15. hippiehillbilly

i dunno man,its not my thing,,,but hey you would be cool to look at i guess..

let us know if the music actually sounds better LOL ...

16. MellowMike

MellowMike Member

If I saw someone with elf ears, I don't think I could keep from laughing my ass off.....

17. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

those pics are fake actually. check bmezine for pics of what it really looks like. you generally loose more ear.

18. InsaneAndProud

InsaneAndProud Member

*doesnt care if real and drools anyways*