Elon Musk

Discussion in 'People' started by ZenKarma, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Does anyone really know what narcissistic personality disorder is? It seems like the worst thing anyone can have. Yet the way I see it everyone has it. Surely anti-social personality disorder is worse. Or sociopath.

2. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I think this covers a wide range of personalities, including narcissism.

Also, I don't think anyone is actually diagnosed a "sociopath", rather it's a word used to describe certain anti social personalities colloquially.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Sociopaths can be narcissitic

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

So one thing that struck me...i cant really remember the phrasing he used but he was essentially referring to how AI could be a good thing and could aid humanity in our next step of evolution if billions of people were connected to a digital intelligence that increased our own intelligence collectively.

So I was thinking about how he's likely correct for the majority of humanity who would use their intelligence for good, but what about those who arent anchored in any sort of sense of morality? AI can increase the amount of information humanity takes in but it cant really dictate what people do with it

But here I am being cynical about the humam race

guerillabedlam likes this.
  5. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

I am in the " I think he is a Prick " camp here !

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]
    Mural in LA ...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2018
  7. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

In my mind, I feel like the transhumanism route is much more appealing than letting the Technological Singluarity (the projected point where humans no longer have control of AI) occur with AI embodied only in artificial objects.

They mentioned that some of those robots eventually are going to run so fast you'll need strobe light to track it, if that thing has for lack of a better term "a mind" that seems extremely dangerous. Asminov laid out Laws for Robotics which could be utilize but it would have to have empathy modules, pain detection modules, etc. etc. and you know at least some would be utilized by the military and not have that kind of stuff programmed into it.

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

They have been saying self driving cars are 6 months away for a good ten years now.

AI doesnt exist yet, and perhaps never will. Someone has to work out how you achieve learning without any previous input. Which would also solve the P vs NP problem, and if someone did that, we'd have a lot more to worry about than robots

9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Artificial or natural, there is not a single type of known intelligence that achieves learning without previous input.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

We already have self driving cars, they're just an incredibly inefficient form of public transportation. Most people would rather just uber

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i kind of think i might have a self driving car. sometimes i'm driving and i zone out and suddenly it's an hour later and i'm at my destination. i know i sure as hell didn't drive myself there, so it must have been the car.

12. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Seriously?

13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i exaggerate, but i have been victim to highway hypnosis a time or two.

14. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Damn dude. Be careful with that shit.

15. deleted

deleted Visitor

and I thought hurricane thread was off the rails..

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  16. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

BUTT THREAD!

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

The ones that look like big washing machines that go 3 mph on a pre mapped out and determined route, thats not AI

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dunno, the ones i've read about look like normal cars and seem to go a normal city speed

I dont like the concept though. Investing all that money and research would be better spent on efficient mass public transportation.

But hey, Elon is doing that in LA with the Boring Company so good for him

19. It seems like the greater the intellect the more one's ability to get emotionally involved in things is diminished. That might save us a lot of bickering, but I'm not sure it's altogether a good thing. What becomes of a human being when they're plugged into all of that information? Do they even remain human? I think a little ignorance is a virtue.

20. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Hmmm.. I don't know about that first sentence... Practically by definition you have to be emotionally involved to run a company , launch new inventions, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are immediate interfaces that are successful with cybernetic collectives that it'll push a trajectory towards attaining transhumanism.