Elon Musk

Discussion in 'People' started by ZenKarma, Sep 7, 2018.

1. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Strange guy. Have to wonder sometimes...

And now he's discovered the fun of being a controversial personality!

Last evening he appeared on Joe Rogan's show and said that he's "not a regular smoker of weed" because he "doesn't find it's very good for productivity."

[​IMG]

That being said, he also stated "It's like a cup of coffee in reverse." Musk says the inside of his mind is like "a never-ending explosion" and he finds it "very hard" to turn his brain off.

All this has led to developing new technologies for transportation, artificial intelligence and space exploration.

16swan and idahocowboy like this.
  2. idahocowboy

idahocowboy Members

I think if looked at closer enough, people will see many of our most visionary individuals used cannabis and/or a number of other mind altering substances. I know a few brilliant out of the box type thinkers that regularly use. And I think psychedelics are going to play a more major role in not only mental health fields, but use as a creative "enhancer", in the near future.

ZenKarma likes this.
  3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm going to watch that interview later. I'm a fan of Elon Musk and Joe Rogan so should be good!

ZenKarma and McFuddy like this.
  5. deleted

deleted Visitor

Its weed not a cigar. looks like he didnt inhale idk..

Bilby and ZenKarma like this.
  6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I definitely got the impression watching him that he has a very unique mind. Skimming through some of the comments on youtube, it seems like some people found this discussion awkward.

I didn't really find the discussion awkward but it certainly had a different feel than the "standard" Rogan Podcast. I feel that more of a signature of Elon's unique mind, Rogan pandered a little bit but it didn't seem he was too far out of his element.

Orison and idahocowboy like this.
  7. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Unique ain't the word for it!

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

Meliai likes this.
  9. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I'm hot and cold on Rogan. I think he means well by having conversations with controversial figures (not talking about Musk here), but he isn't a journalist and so he often let's people get away with statements that are demonstrably false or just straight up ridiculous without challenging them.

10. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

He's generally not really confrontational about it but he actually questions and challenges quite a few of his guests.

11. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

For sure, and because he isn't a journalist he doesn't go as far as I'd like sometimes, but other times he gets more out of people because it is in the form of a conversation, not an interview.

12. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

As far as Musk is concerned, I think Rogan got far more out of him than most journalists would. The only arenas I think Musk could be as candid without having significant aspects of his thoughts and ideas abridged would be a lecture/presentation.

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Thats actually something I like about Joe Rogan. We live in a time where just about everything is controversial and met with outrage. And then there's Joe Rogan, who just wants to get high with his guests and have a pleasant conversation, hear them out and let the audience make their own judgement call. I find it refreshing

But I have also seen him challenge his guests. He does quite a bit of fact checking on the show as they're conversing, which I also find refreshing .

Orison and idahocowboy like this.
  14. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Is it just me or does Musk look super young in this podcast?

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ugh, I dont believe how many people fall for this. Musk only got wealthy in the first place because he lucked out buying Paypal at the right time. Its not like he is the one designing the Teslas or building the Space X rockets

He is just some douche that has 500 people smarter than him doing all the mental heavy lifting.

Visionary my arse

GuerrillaLorax likes this.
  16. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

He Might Being Described As .."Unstable"..But He Can Park His Slippers Under My Bed Anyday.... :D

Cheers Glen.

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Elon Musk? Seriously

You dont think he is kind of weird looking?

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

He's definitely weird looking but sort of hot too. In a weird way
    Intelligence is sexy

19. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Don't Lust After Him For His Looks........I Lust After Him For His $$$$$$$$$$$$$$...... :D

Sometimes I Can Be So "Shallow"..... :D

Cheers Glen.

20. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I ain't sayin Glen's a Gold Digger...