elephant

Discussion in 'Movies' started by mushie18, Aug 31, 2005.

1. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

elephant... what did you think? I thought it was very well done, i loved the way it was filmed. I didn't understand the symbolism all too much though... the sky, and the title. Can anyone explain?

2. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

if you notice in , i cant remember his name, it was either alex or erics bedroom with the piano, he has elephant sheets, and drawings of strange elephants on the walls and stuff...

im not sure what it means, but thats where you see the elephants in the movie

3. extreme_tezza

extreme_tezza Member

the title elephant came from this philosophical story, i dont know it that well but it is a famous story so someone will pobably be able to tell it better, but its about these blind monks who come across an elephant. because they r blind they have to feel the elephant to discover what it looks like, except each monk feels a different part of the elephant. so one monk feels its leg and thinks it feels like a tree trunk, so he thinks an elephant is like a tree, another monk feels its ears and another its tusk, etc etc. so even though they have all felt the elephant the experience was different for each of them and thats where the analogy comes from for the movie and why they called it elephant.

4. feministhippy

feministhippy Member

It would've been great if it wasn't shot so horribly. And if it was an "artistic decision", the person who made that decision should've been fired and never given another chance to work in the feild. The ending would've been so awsome if the camcorder they were shooting with wasn't shaking so hard. I was too busy getting dizzy to enjoy it.

5. kif

kif Member

It was an ok movie IMO. I felt bad for the first girl that killed in the library though. :(

6. syd

syd Banned

fantaistic film, Gus VAn SAnt is a genius.

7. candy

candy Member

grand movie, the symbolic of it the way it was filmed ,the dialoges...grand!!

only ,maybe,sometimes a lil bit....long....

hell
    candy sue

8. lovelikeair

lovelikeair Member

I think the way the movie was filmed and edited is what made it so awesome. Great film.

9. TooMuchTheMagicBus

TooMuchTheMagicBus Member

i liked elephant. thing about that movie is you either love it or you hate it, there's not much in-between