Elektra

Discussion in 'Movies' started by mrsshf, Jan 17, 2005.

1. mrsshf

mrsshf Member

What a complete hunk of steaming poo! Slow, depressing, no plot, no character development. The music was melodramatic and overbearing. Elektra's costume was even lame. Most of the fight scenes were so overedited and chaotic that you really have no idea what is going on. There's even a scene where they try (and fail) to make laundry scary. I NEVER walk out on movies, no matter how bad they are, but I was very close to walking out on this one.

I wouldn't even recommend that you watch this trainwreck for free on HBO. I lost two hours and $13.00 (matinee plus corn and a coke). I should have asked for a refund. Maybe I still have time to contact my credit card company about the theft of my funds.

2. CubanB

CubanB Member

Why would you even make the mistake of going to see it??? Can you honestly tell me that you expected to see some good out of it?

3. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

after dare devil why did they even think they could make that movie movie allways fuck up the comics

4. mrsshf

mrsshf Member

Well, it wasn't my first choice, but I got outvoted 2-1 on the film to see on the weekly movie outing. And I knew it was probably going to be suspect. I just didn't expect it to be quite as horrible as it turned out to be. Let's put it this way, I didn't have a hard time sitting through "Catwoman." I didn't like "Catwoman," but I never thought, "My God, I'm losing brain cells while sitting here. I need to escape."

5. CubanB

CubanB Member

Hahahahahhaah

6. White Scorpion

White Scorpion 4umotographer

Thanks for the advice, dude. I'll go for a beer instead!

7. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

lame but sexy

8. ladykela

ladykela Member

Got talked into seeing Electra...gave it a C...too pat, old story line. Would rather have spent the money on the comic book.

9. ZePpeLinA

ZePpeLinA Jump around!

when i saw the trailer on tv...I just thought "Lame"

10. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

Damnit!! Now I can't pretend I'm going to see it because of the story.

11. Dr.antelope

Dr.antelope Member

yea....have you seen connan the barbarian?? that movie kicked ass, so thats one example of when a movie doesnt ruin the comic..god that was such a good movie...it was the orginal movie based on a comic too,

12. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I like Spider-man, it is going a slightly different route than the comics but it's really good

13. White Scorpion

White Scorpion 4umotographer

I liked the Spidey films, too, but most comic-based movies are a pile of garbage. Punisher wasn't too bad, but Hulk, Daredevil, the last 2 Batmans, Alien vs. Predator, Catwoman, none of them hit home-base.

14. V-Agent

V-Agent Member

Man, this movie was a total waste - what a boring hunk o' poo: worse even than Catwoman.
    What I think is sad is that we can basically say goodbye to the Daredevil franchise on the silver screen, as this movie is just plain embarrassing.

Daredevil was bagged to shit, but honestly - I loved it, I preferred it to the first Spiderman, which was just juvenile swill.
    There was talk of a Daredevil sequel, but because of the bad press they decided to go with Elektra instead, and seeing as this is being bagged even worse (for good reason this time), I doubt Daredevil will ever make it back to the screen.

Damn shame, really.

Bullseye for President!

15. V-Agent

V-Agent Member

One of the best fantasy movies of all time, that.

The second one wasn't too bad either, but Red Sonya was pretty suspect...