electric kool-aid acid test- HELP!

Discussion in 'Beat and Hippie Books' started by jahmerimaka, Dec 3, 2007.

1. jahmerimaka

jahmerimaka Member

for those of you that have read this book, i need your help pleaseee!

i was assigned a book report about a month ago, and we had the freedom to choose our own books. i have wanted to read this book for a while but i never really found the time. so here i am and i am 3/4s the way through it, and i really want to continue reading it, which i will over winter break.
    But, the presentation is due on december 10th. and due to the fact that I am approaching the end of the marking period i have a lot of reports and projects through the week, leaving me with little time to read.

--- So now to the point, if anybody would care to give me a breif paragraph (or in depth would be even better) of the whole background of how kesey and the pranksters ended up on this road trip (i understand he is trying to graduate people fromthe use of lsd, but why?) i would greatly appreciate it. And where there trip stops and what happens in the whole end of the book (just the general gist of things).

Right now i am at the point where they explain that kesey's house was on survailance and the pranksters would put up signs and stuff to mess with the cops, and i have no idea how they got there or if there trip is over or what. that is what happens when i attempt to read and do multiple things at once.

I hope somebody can help me!

thanks.

2. IndyMoon

IndyMoon Member

i know im too late to help witht the report part but maybe i can explain the graduation deal; it wasnt about not taking acid but rather continuing one through the "door" instead of just going back out and in every time you took acid; all about change man change, once again sorry i was unable to help with the report; Namasté

3. Sprout420

Sprout420 Member

sorry i couldnt help, but im pretty sure kesey just wanted to help the human mind transcend. The acid helped but it wasnt the final stop, kesey was looking for more.

4. GregTheMagician

GregTheMagician Senior Member

yeah. i'm a lttle late to help, but:

kesey turns himself in to the FBI (he was wanted on charges of marijuana possession). he planned the acid test graduation for a certain date, he was gonna have the grateful dead play and it was going to be at winterland colliseum. But at the last minute Bill Graham pulled out and said they couldnt use that venue, around the same time the grateful dead said they couldn't play because alot of people thought Kesey was selling out to the FBI trying to get kids to stop taking LSD so he could get a lighter prison sentence on his marijuana possesion and they didn't want that being attached to thier reputation. In the end, Kesey and the Pranksters decided to use someone's house, but because Graham had pulled out at such a late time, they weren't able to spread the word, so only a small amount of people who heard about the event's location change showed up. At the Graduation, they started out like a typical acid Test, but in the middle kesey turned off all the music, and he told everyone to sit down in a circle. at this point most of the people left except for kesey, his pranksters, some hells angels, and a few people in attendance. the party ended in basically a chant of "we blew it"