Eggs!

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by verseau_miracle, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Jaitaiyai

Jaitaiyai Cianpo di tutti capi

Mostly the same really, except I don't eat any gelatin or animal rennet. I don't eat whole egg and we have a leather coach because of our asthma. I do eat cake and those kinds of things though with it. If we make cake we make it without (use stuff like vinegar etc. to do the same thing).

I used to hate egg. We used to eat it for the protein but because my mum never ate it our dad decided that we were all going to quit it too. I don't really have a problem with it. It's one of those things I like thinking about eating but don't actually want to eat. I liked scrambled egg the best. Onions, pepper, lovely. :D

Also fry ups. Chips, baked beans, fried egg. Or alternatively, dipping chips into egg. Soldiers or something I think they're called. I've not tried either but still, fantasy food. *shrugs*

I actually thought this thread was going to be about that. :(

2. brizzzle

brizzzle Banned

if you make egg salad and use enough mayo even the egg will be happy to be being eaten.

mmmmmayo!

3. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

Well we found a local pet chick keeper and Ive started eating the eggs. Scott seems totally opposed to it, I think he just doesnt like the idea like I didnt...I still cant eat an egg as it is, with the white and yolk separate, but Ive tried an omelette, and scrambled, and its actually not too bad. Weve actually got pictures of the chickens they came from in their field which is really cool

Heres a chicky
    [​IMG]

I dont know if its something Ill keep up. I dont feel any different with the eggs added. The first time I tried it I felt heavy and a bit headachy, but the second time I was totally normal

Since those 2 times I havent had any desire to eat them so I may well just leave it until next time I get the urge!:)

Still, it does gross me out and I still havent ot my head totally around the idea

I guess Ill have to say Im a veggan:p

4. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

This is a very good point, and one my egg-absorbed mind seemed to have put aside. Im usually a good vegan type, honestly:eek: Something else to consider
    There are 20 chickens at the place we got our eggs. Hopefully they dont take so much grain as to be a big problem, but of course I realise that place is one of many and its the collective egg consumption that has the effect
    Then again, we have over 20 pet mice, and they eat grain...(a surprising amount, too) While their grain intake is a lot smaller, its still a drain
    Ooh what a minefield!:p

5. lithium

lithium frogboy

Think of all the land needed to grow the vegetables we eat every day:( I think we should all kill ourselves.

6. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

But thats a necessary evil frogboy:p We have to eat veg, but Ive lived happily for 3 years without the eggs
    Still I should imagine supporting a small place like that is good news for the planet really

7. verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle Banned

Im now an egg fiend:willy_nilly:

8. lithium

lithium frogboy

:svengo:

9. nynysuts

nynysuts No Gods, No Masters

Ooh I might have scrambled egg now...

I eat eggs but I try to eat free range. I generally don't have eggs on their own though because I don't really like them, I only like omelettes and scrambly egg and egg in cakes. I do find they make me feel a bit ill afterwards though.

10. lithium

lithium frogboy

eggbound:eek:

11. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

12. nynysuts

nynysuts No Gods, No Masters

13. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

The egg song:smilielol5:

14. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

[​IMG]
    Oodle doodle!

15. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

I dropped my eggs:( Can I still eat them? They just have little cracks. I didnt think I could but its mixed information everywhere. I think Ill give them a miss

Its a sad day

16. lithium

lithium frogboy

17. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

In memory of 3 eggs which had such promise:(

18. Mrdude46

Mrdude46 Member

15 Rhode Island Reds and 1 dozen a day.

however I have an 18yo sun who loves eggs, he is making his breakfast right now 4 fried eggs

19. lithium

lithium frogboy

20. bubbler211

bubbler211 Member

both my wife and I love eggs,my wife sometimes gets a rash on her upper chest when she eats them,but this is the 21st century and if it is bothering her too much she just takes some benadril