Eggs Are Bad For You Again

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by tumbling.dice, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'm not concerned in the least. I feel if you consume in moderation most of the time, you can even pig out on it every once in awhile.
    Here lots of people pig out on eggs on Easter.

2. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I had my breakfast burrito with coffee and I feel fine. Today I plan to get high and drunk, that's also not good for me. Tomorrow's St. Patrick's Day, that will be especially bad for my health. I'm in my 60s and hope I die sometime in my 80s. Life is good.

WritersPanic likes this.
  3. morrow

morrow Visitor

At last the Brits are not to blame.. remember the Edwina Curry scandal? Hardly any one ate eggs in the UK for a couple of years... crazy..

The health benefits of eggs

4. When I think about the checks I've already written on this body, I'm less inclined to think cholesterol will be what takes me out. I do have weird blood pressure patterns, big shock. I can eat fried salt pork, rolled in Himalayan Pink salt and chase it with a glass of broth, and my BP won't budge. But if I consume chocolate and beer at the same time, up it goes.

Since I'm a walking chemistry set with unconventional symptoms, I can't follow the back and forth of speculative medicine. I do buy eggs that claim to be free of cholesterol, why gamble? I like eggs. I like canned tuna too. Supposedly I'm full of mercury.

I worry more about all of the vaccines I got in boot camp than I do about the food supply.

5. Asmodean

Lol @ Himalaya pink salt. You know you're buying for the idea right, not actually 'better' salt. And it has to be transported around half the world to get to you..

6. Asmodean

My friend consumes beer and chocolate at the same time too. I don't get it. Chocolate is so much better with tea, coffee etc. With beer nuts, cheese or meat snacks are much better. That shit compliments eachother. Consuming chocolate while drinking beer is like putting sugar on your boiled egg instead of a little salt :p

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Beer makes chocolate very bitter for me. Potato chips. Peanuts and jerky good for beer.

8. Asmodean

Yes, potato chips, peanuts, jerky. All good beer snack stuff taste wise. I dropped the chips habit myself as I can't moderate for shit and a bag is too much but will always go empty :D
    The chocolate or other sweet stuff also ruins the beer for me. So its a lose-lose situation the way i look at it :p

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah I'm hopeless with chops and nuts and jerky. I get the taste of salt on my lips and that bag is going to be gone. Especially cashews. And salt and vinegar chips. And any spicy jerky.

10. Asmodean

I learned my lesson about moderating cashews also the hard way (took me several times) :D It's not worth it anymore for me to look up the edge. They're good in moderation though! Like a handful

11. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I can't do anything in moderation, just in extremes. I can drink 0 beers or 15 beers, nothing in between. I'm the same with food. I can fast for the day or eat a shit ton of junk and just keep going till I'm sick.

12. Asmodean

I can, but still overestimate my discipline at times. Which is why I rarely buy bags of potato chips anymore. I can very easily moderate my beer intake these days (especially when on my own, in which case i rather just toke anyway), and since you have to prepare them first: eggs too

13. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Get me with an 18 pack of Corona and some spicy buffalo wings and look out boy. Then the next day I spend a painful hour sitting on the toilet. But I keep doing it.

14. I just consume whatever. I don't worry about it. Being physically attractive or living a long time carries no weight with me. People that take all of these studies seriously just seem neurotic to me. It's great to live to a ripe old age, I guess, but when you're fucking neurotic I don't know what difference it makes.

15. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Did anyone here read the article? It studied TWO people! In other words two anecdotes. This is not science.

WritersPanic likes this.
  16. So then, this thread is better researched than the article for the same subject matter! And it will just get better with age. Maybe a poll needs to be added. What kind of answers though?

17. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

(a) Scrambled
    (b) Over easy
    (c) Poached
    (d) Sunny side up
    (e) Rocky Balboa style

[​IMG]

18. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

8-42am Here On A Cold And Overcast Sunday.......GLEN Is Tempting Fate Yet Again With The

One Lonely Boiled Egg Left Over From Yesterday.......So For Brekkie.....Plunger Of Coffee.....

Toast With Grated Cheese......Egg.....And Topped Up With Skettie....... :yum:

Cheers Glen.

19. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I love a man who lives dangerously. :tonguewink:

GLENGLEN likes this.
  20. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

if my memory serves, in the early nineties eggs were your brain on drugs.

soulcompromise likes this.