edinburgh and other places

Discussion in 'Europe' started by carnelian, Jan 31, 2005.

1. carnelian

carnelian Member

i'm going to edinburgh this summer. what should i see there? wich pubs, museums, parks, nearby towns do you reccomend?

and i'm thinking of going to maybe another place in europe too, i have some ideas but nothing is sure yet. only that i'm going to edinburgh. so you people, recommend places, gatheriĀ“ngs, festivals, places to stay and pretty much anything else. what i need is inspiration! :)

2. Luke (crazy horse)

Luke (crazy horse) Member

Edinburgh is most famous for it's ghosts, so if you're into that, I would urge you to check it out. They have loads of tours of haunted places. Most notably the underground Vaults.

3. carnelian

carnelian Member

ah the vaults yes! i saw something about that on discovery channel and since i'm into that kinda stuff i wouldn't wanna miss it for the world! (eventough i'm EXTREMELY afraid of ghosts!)

4. blomman

blomman Member

I visited Edinburgh last summer - I loved it so much! Lovely people, gorgeous parks. We didn't see much actually, mostly sat in Princes Street Gardens, walked around the city or spend the days in bookshops. The Old Town is really cosy.

5. carnelian

carnelian Member

that sounds loveley! i love bookshops, parks and old houses. :D