Edgar Winter's White Trash

Discussion in 'Music' started by Jim, May 14, 2004.

1. Jim

Jim Senior Member

I hadn't listened to this album in a while... Stuck it on this morning and remembered what a good album it is!

I think it's a great slice of funky, boogie rock and roll... There's some great, soulful vocals, impressive playing and an all round great, upbeat feel to the album.

If you have even a passing taste in this sort of music, this is a great album to pick up if you see it lurking...

[​IMG]

2. thisismike

thisismike Overlooked/Uninvited

Their live album smokes too!

3. Micro

Micro Member

Yes, Roadwork is one of my favorite live albums. I really like Jerry Lacroix's rough & soulful vocals. And then the bonus of Johnny Winter playing a smokin' version of Rock and Roll Hootchie Koo.

4. CalJam

CalJam Member

Wow, Edgar Winter and White Trash took the blues horn section rock to another level. On the song "Let's Get It On" Jerry Lacroix does a great bit on harmonica and even does some of his vocals straight through the harmonica to the mic on this song. Hell of a sax player and even sang lead for Blood Sweat & Tears and also Rare Earth. Forgot to say that the great Ray Barretto played Congas on this tune.

5. deezee

deezee Member

6. MichaelByrd1967

MichaelByrd1967 Garcia Wannabe

What's The Name Of The Album with "Free Ride" and "Frankenstein" on it? That's also a good album.

7. Micro

Micro Member

They Only Come Out at Night

Can't remember where I saw it, but recently I saw an old Midnight Special with Edgar playing Frankenstein. It was a lot longer than the studio version with much improvising.

8. CalJam

CalJam Member

Right after this Lp came out I got to see Edgar Winter at a show as 2nd billings. The Eagles were the opening act and just had their first self titled lp out, the headliner was Yes. Edgar Winter did a half hour version of Frankenstein which was incredible, he played Sax and Timbales solo's on the song along with his own special effect. He brought out this box in the middle of the stage with this antenna sticking up, grabbed this big tuning fork and struck it on the floor and procedded to bounce these wicked sounds off the arena walls. Never felt sound waves like that before, the sound was actually going through me. He was with the great Ronnie Montrose and Dan Hartman>(rest in peace) back then and to see them was righteous enough. Peace In Music..

9. MichaelByrd1967

MichaelByrd1967 Garcia Wannabe

I think that box with the wire coming out of it is called a theremin.

Did it look like this?
    [​IMG]

10. CalJam

CalJam Member

Yup Michael thats it, one of the most amazing thing I ever saw on stage! Thanks..