ED need some advice please

Discussion in 'Sexual Health' started by dhgravity, Feb 27, 2020.

1. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

To builders in London, it is often their main meal as you can see in the workers cafes.
    With the early start, they probably have little more than a cup of tea in the morning and then just a sandwich at lunchtime.

2. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

elevenses. a colloquial expression which entered the English language in the late 18th century, meaning a light refreshment taken at about 11 o'clock in the morning

This means it not meal time, I take it you not English.

Better still find me a good old English café that serves a good English breakfast.

3. wilsjane

I was born in London and spent most of my life here.
    On construction sites, many of the workers had just a cup of tea in the morning and then that full English breakfast at around 11am, then only a sandwich (that they often bought from the cafe) for lunch.
    Most tradesmen knew the location of the best greasy spoon (as they called them) in every town.
    Their was one in Wimbledon (where I live) opposite the stage door of the theater, but Jane mentioned a few weeks ago that it closed down.
    Unfortunately, since ending of the rates support grant by central government, business rates are crippling all the small businesses and daytime only cafes cannot survive.

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

when you decide to cuddle with your mechanic.

5. wilsjane

It amazes (and amuses) me how the internet shows the difference in terminology in other countries.
    In the UK, the term "greasy spoon" has been used to describe a workman's cafe for at least the last century. These are the places where 95% of the customers are guys wearing overalls.

The funny American terminology to me, is "visiting the bathroom". How many people take a bath when they are visiting their friends for coffee.?
    But perhaps our terminology is equally confusing to Americans. We go to the toilet to answer a call of nature. But when a woman says that she is going to "do" her toilet, she means that she is going to adjust her hair and makeup. One little word, but a world of difference.

6. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

Gee anybody would think your the king of London? I was born in the East end of London, so a cockney boy am I and have eaten in cafes up until I retired but was in Cornwall then and now in Greece I like it, we get more sun and its great way to live.

But in an area that you live and work you get to know where the best ones are, but now I have no idea where they are, supermarkets and stores do the best now same as it was when last working, most sites rely on either someone working on site to cook or supply or a food van coming round, but I think the old style café are thing of the past, its get it where you can now.

7. wilsjane

True, most of them have been forced to close down and replaced by estate agents, betting shops, or trendy boutiques.
    Traditional pubs are suffering the same fate. Tesco's bought a lot of them and opened their express stores. We have 2 of them just a short walk from here.
    Speaking of Tesco's. the cafe's in their superstores are great value for money and seen by the company simply as a way of getting people into the shop, so they do not need to make huge profits.

PS, What leads you to think that I am a king. I have been called a few things over the last 70 years, but that one is a first.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it is a US term too, although i think it's pretty much outdated. i'm not sure if it's specifically a workman's cafe, i always just took it to be a cheap restaurant that serves not so healthy food. although i suppose most workman's cafes would probably fit that description.

i just thought my definition was more entertaining.

wilsjane likes this.
  9. dhgravity

dhgravity Members

So this thread just got hijacked by a bunch of nonsense I take it? Why don't you go have a chat somewhere else about cafes in London

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I happen to be an expert on this topic.

Have you tried sticking a finger into your.. butt?

tumbling.dice likes this.
  11. wilsjane

Without doubt. It certainly made me laugh.

What did you think or my comment about the bathroom.? 30 years ago, it caused endless laughs, but today, with films, the internet and so many American visitors to the UK. few people take any notice.
    Did you know that doing your toilet, meant tidying your hair and makeup.? Needles to say, the term is mostly confined to older women.

12. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I have heard that term but I don't know anyone who uses it. Around here we say "Ma and Pa Joint"...the same thing maybe?

13. wilsjane

I have never heard that one. What part of the world are you from, your description fits a few countries that I can think of where their motto is "tomorrow never comes".:yum:

14. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Kentucky, USA. You are in London?

15. wilsjane

Yes, suburban (Wimbledon) and central (Fulham) London, this picture of our home town surprises a lot of people, it is only 12 minutes on the train from the city center,

octagon-developments-property-wimbledon-village-london--1920x900.jpg

tumbling.dice likes this.
  16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, i'm pretty sure i've never heard of doing one's toilet. in my head it reads as baby talk, like "aww little buddy go do his poopoo."

wilsjane likes this.
  17. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

They don't so much get hi-jacked its just the way things go, all threads do this but then as your getting snotty over it, where go and meet in the gents out of your way, will that please you.

18. dhgravity

dhgravity Members

Yes, I am getting shitty about it because it's pretty rude.

19. Gul Dukat

Gul Dukat Kanar, anyone?

Haha isn’t it the name of every diner in those old noir films?
    The Greasy Spoon

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

Sucking dick usually helps..