Ecstasy as Psychedelic?

Discussion in 'MDMA - X' started by 2cesarewild, Jan 10, 2005.

1. DXMsucks

DXMsucks Member

Yeah in place of the crackheads/junkies there etards. Don't get me wronge I love MD* and MDMA but all these teenagers that roll every weeked for 2 days straight just dosn't give a good image to to the rave scene. The real rave scene died out in the mid 90's thats when all the kids wanting to get "fuxxord" started coming.

2. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

Yes some of the thoughts that were buzzing around in my head also. The shallow morale and ecstasy sort of form a relationship where they both feed off of each other. It's like cocaine and the 80's.

3. SpidermanUFO's

SpidermanUFO's Member

i bet rc's take E off the market next.

4. DXMsucks

DXMsucks Member

Don't think so. Soon enough RC's will to be illigal. Ex already has the popularity vote and is wide spread.

5. SpidermanUFO's

SpidermanUFO's Member

once rc's become illegal thats when it will be on the streets next in cut pills like E. until then they will be bought from a lab pure, legally! once people know more about rc's and try them E will b long gone and remembered little. E is a good drug....but there are better ones now and many older ones as well that beat E by a long shot. just a matter of time before underground chemists start producing rc's from their home and we see a HUGE boom is this direction. I see Botanicals getting big also in the future, and maybe we'll see new rc's mimicking botanicals. that would be nice., lol. im just thinking of this new huge wave/Era of psycedelia coming around 2010. they are getting more popular and more accepted and people are understang their true purpose and benefits.
    This is why e will go off the market^^^

6. seancourt

seancourt Free Your Mind

watever happened to good old LSD? huh? i say we start a new acid wave, that would be fucking awesome

7. Froggman

Froggman Member

This has certainly been an interesting discussion to watch unfold... it has branched out to touch on so many topics other than just "is ecstacy a psychadelic." Its funny to me how it characterizes the hostility that is so common between "trippers" and "rollers".

I was into rave culture since I was a kid- I am 25 now so in my mid teens the rave scene was at a glorious peak. Swim rolled well before he ever tripped- thats just the way it happened- he was immersed in a world where that is the way it went- big city, Florida, melting pot of the Americas.

But then, about a year after the first roll, Swim began using LSD on many occasions and has enjoyed the deep, intense, and often spiritual nature of this powerful psychadelic. He loved them both in very different ways and would sometimes enjoy them together- what a great blend!

The point is, I have never felt this need to "take a side" and debate which is "better". I have had experiences of complete ego destruction and reconstruction on LSD and its sisters, but I have had MDMA (and MDA) experiences that were equally powerful and beautiful in a completely different way.

Do I think that it is a shame that so many drooling, etarded idiots are running around at raves making fools of themselves without ever thinking to take advantage of the experience for self advancement? Damn skippy. Because I know what people associate me with if I tell them I consider myself a raver (although "retired" in a sense). And I'd like to think I'm a bit more than that.

But how about the dumbass kids tripping off shit just to escape reality? And the 60's ? Hey, I wasn't there (at least not in my current incarnation), but somehow I dont think every one of those thousands and thousands of people droping L were really achieving some greater enlightenment- if they did I'd like to know why the world isnt a hell of a lot better place than it is now.

At the end of the day, Swim's LSD experiences didnt turn him off to EDM, or raves, or MDMA. I am the sum of all of those experiences and I am a better person for them (although my coworker in the next office doesn't understand how I can work with that throbbing trance beat playing on my desktop all day). And to the people who have become better because of LSD and rock music, hey, more power to you. If I had had those life experiences I'd probably be a lot different than I am. Several of my good friends ARE that type of person.

I'm glad to see these conversations taking place. I just want to make sure that the voice of one younger (is 25 younger??? LOL), intelligent, happy, self-improving, self-proclaimed Raver is on the record defending what we have. It isn't perfect, but its ours because we took it and shaped it and made it our own. Like anything in life you have to take the bad with the good- and unfortunately there is a lot of bad in our culture right now. But for me to just turn my back on it would be wrong because the culture is part of who I am.

I hope this kind of sheds a different perspective on things...

Hopefully I am one of the people who can rightfully end my message with a heartfelt and meaningful...

PLUR! :)

8. Shaman420

Shaman420 Herbalist

Me too except I've never done mescaline but I eaten high doses of psilocybin and done 2-CI and smoked a small dose of DMT that blew me away and I still consider X a psychedellic.. specifically MDA pills.

9. Shaman420

Shaman420 Herbalist

I love LSD however I just read through this thread and it seems like it is a drug that has become too elite for me. I get the impression that this current generation of kids has this strange idea that as a substance it is enlightenment on a 1/4 inch piece of paper, and I disagree to the death. While it is probably the most efficient mind expanding tool (DMT is a close second) there is a lot more to mind expansion than taking a specific substance. MD** offers the user with a false sense of connection however at the same time it changes ones perspective to the people around them and in their lives. What I took out of my experiences with it was that I needed to be more in touch with my family, I needed to treat them better and I needed to treat the people around me better. This I deducted while under the influence of the substance and it is something I normally wouldn't have noticed.. so it helped me grow. And I think that is one essential aspect of psychedellics.. they are tools that allow you to see things you normally wouldn't see (and I'm not talking visually). As far as the arguement against MD** goes.. a lot of the examples given are just not valid. You may not like the music that has come out of the rave scene.. personally I do and I love the integration of electronica into the jamband scene.. at the same time someone else may not like the Grateful Dead.. its completely subjective. And to say it has produced a bunch of gangsters in the Phish scene is just straight up silly.. lots of times those kids are slangin nitrous, doses, shrooms, blow, H, OCs, etc. The lot is a capitalist market for any and every drug.. I've seen dreddy chicks who are "GD Family" slangin molly and I've seen nasty gangsters slangin L. I think you have a skewed perception as to what the 60's entailed and why Haight Ashbury collapsed underneath the feet of the drug culture. They had this idea that the answers to the world could be found within certain substances and when it came down to it a lot of hippies were just junkies that didn't accomplish very much. The ones that contributed to the arts, sciences, and society in general weren't dependent on one substance. Their talents were already there and acid helped them express it.. but that wasnt the typical "hippie". There were lots of acid casualties and people who ended up with false perceptions of the world. If it actually had a long term affect on that generation then I think that our generation would be in a better place than it is now; there is no denying we are on the decline.. and I think if acid was what a lot of us like to pretend it is then it would have had a lasting affect that altered the world. I just don't see that as reality. Now don't get me wrong cause in a few days me and my ten strip are gunna have a lot of fun in Red Rock park, however I will forever feel changed by MDMA/MDA just as I do with various other psychedellics. They altered my perception of myself.

10. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

You are part of the current generation of kids, and many people have believed "enlightenment for three bucks a hit" since the 60's. Nothing at all to do with "today's generation" or anything like that, just a stupid conclusion that a lot of people seem to come to.

11. eat_some_LSD

eat_some_LSD Senior Member

@Frogg: You're actually probably the oldest person to post in this thread yet...:p

The whole rave scene is just centered around decadence...not to say that all ravers are masochists, or that I don't enjoy "just getting fucked up" from time to time, but oftentimes you look at one of these trendy kids and wonder if they have any life-long aspirations, aside from eating rolls and partying all the time. 99/100 of the ravers I've ever met were some of the worst poly-junkies you've ever seen; and not in the essence of trying something new here, taste a little of this there, but the full-blown "gimme some Xanax/morphine/rolls/booze" kind of person that irritates you to the point of wanting to smack the bejeezus out of them for being such a perpetual drain on society.

As for techno music, atleast %60 of my music collection consists of electronic music...can't say that I'm much of a Phish or GD fan, either. ;)

12. illusion25

illusion25 Member

^yup totally.
    i was at a rave once and i has on 2 hits of acid....i was analyzing everyone and wondering why these people just use E to get fucked up? ya i love to get wasted as well, but i think e should be used for a better tool than what its used for.

13. Froggman

Froggman Member

I just wrote a very eloquent recollection of the rise and downfall of the rave which was somehow erased by my computer. Technology!

Suffice it to say that if what I am hearing is right and this is all that is left of the rave scene it saddens me. That wasn't supposed to be how it turned out. We started out with so much promise... a new society where we threw the laws of man and god out the window and replaced them with only 4- peace, love, unity repect. That is what it meant. Do whatever you want- dance, do drugs, whatever- only follow these 4. Its the idealism behind the rave.

What a loss for us all!

14. eat_some_LSD

Reminds me of the addage, "There is no cause so nobel it will not attract fuckheads." It was a shame when it happened with LSD, a shame when it happened to MDMA, and will be a shame whenever the next big thing rolls around...it's just part of social evolution. ;)

15. MistyMountainTop

MistyMountainTop Member

This is off the topic, but I have to agree with 2Cesare on this. I've never done E, but I used to chew a shitload of acid. Honestly, of all the shit I've ever done, acid is the only drug that ever put a genuine smile on my face. All that fake empathy/sympathy love shit that people get on X, I sincerley experienced on doses. One time in my life, I was in the forest hackysacking with my freinds. Someone brought a radio. We listened to Floyd for a while, and got sick of it. Someone actually put on a fuckin classical music station. I hate classical music and it doesn't seem to be very tripped out but it took me on a journey. Along with visuals, I got this sense that the universe was functioning correctly, and that nature was sacred. The whole time I was sweating bullets, but with a real smile on my face. I hugged everyone there, men and women. It was profound. Those are real emotions comming straight from the earth (the ergot fungus or whatever), that people pretend to be having for a 25 buck fuckin pill basically filled with fuckin methamphetamine or codiene or god knows what (and I did have a freind who got an "Ecstacy" pill at a festival, and he later found out it was PURE HEROIN. I swear to Sidartha.) Tripping on Sid Barrets can take your soul on a journey that X can't. Plus doses are safer, and they're not cut with shit, and don't contain potentially fatal substances such as meth. Never done X, but people that I know that have done it say that they're not tripping. The only way someone would trip of E was if the pill was REALLY speedy, and that wouldn't even be a trip. That would just basically be stimulant induced psychosis. The word psychadelic means excactly "mind expanding". That's what acid does. It doesn't mean "Mind Decaying", or pretend you're in love wit every living entity you see. And Haight-Ashbury area of San Fran diminished cause in the early 70s thugs started selling heroin there. And look at the differences in music inspired by acid, and by E. Would you rather listen to Eminem rapping about he just ate 2 rolls, raped his mother, ran over people in his car and passed out, or would you rather hear the Dead sing "China Cat SUnflower", or The Doors do "Moonlight Drive"? X isn't a psychadelic in my mind. It's a euphoriant.

PeAcE

16. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

Wait, that doesn't even make SENSE. Heroin and X are two completely different things! X is real speedy and heroin is an opiate. Your friend must have been really dumb for buying a heroin pill. How much did they pay?

Man, that shows how fucked up drugs are in this present day and time. I mean, seriously! Selling heroin as X, charging TWELVE DOLLARS A HIT of acid to rich dumbfucks in suburbia looking for a "trippy" time...

I think I was born in the wrong era.

17. eat_some_LSD

Until your friend can send an Ecstasy tablet in for GCMS testing, I'll simply dismiss that statement. Heroin's never been found in a single Ecstasy tablet, period. It's possible, but again, he'll never know for sure until he has it tested. Setting can really affect the way a user reacts to a compound; I generally always feel laid-back and smacked-out on roll pills, but I'm generally like that when I'm sober anyway.

If your friends have never hallucinated from Ecstasy, they're probably only getting MDMA tablets. MDA is somewhat hallucinogenic, and indeed psychedelic (though we've already gone through that a few pages back ;)). LSD is definitely in a class of it's own, however, it may be the haughty, elitist attitude that people pre-dispose to LSD that could very well be the source of it's un-doing.

Just a thought.

18. illusion25

illusion25 Member

i have seen pill reports with e containing herion. but it is really rare.....

19. localhippy

localhippy Senior Member

i got a pill the other day with yellow speckles all over the bottom of it, im sure its heroin or meth. it made me puke and gave a mean headache. yuck.

20. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

Heroin would be too damn expensive to sell as X... you wouldn't even make a profit! Heroin is expensive, anyways...

Ecstasy will never, ever, ever be a psychedelic the way LSD is a psychedelic... never ever....

I don't know why someone would choose to roll over dosing, anyways... I mean, come on... it's being cracked out, gritting your teeth until you have nothing left except dust, sweating your mo' fuckin' balls off on some pill cut with meth versus being completely happy, with no side effects (except maybe having a new outlook on life after you are done) on LSD.... Who would want to roll, AND be all sped out on meth on top of it?!?!!

Gimme a good dose, and a couple of blunts and everything will be FINE.