Ecstasy as Psychedelic?

Discussion in 'MDMA - X' started by 2cesarewild, Jan 10, 2005.

1. dhs

dhs Senior Member

X is more of a body high for me. Certainly ones visual and hearing sense are psycadelically heightened, but not quite the same as it is on LSD or mushrooms in my opinion.

When I think of psycadelic drugs I think of tripping, when I think of ecstacy, it is rolling and it is different. I'm not saying its not psycadelic, but the part of the experience that is psycadelic is by no way the primary source of enjoyment when using the drug.

2. JimiWhizZ

JimiWhizZ Member

When ever i have taken E and smoked canabis in the past ive always had a very strange and alot of the time scarily introspective trippy experience, which i could never describe in words. im never doing the two together again. in fact ive been doing pills for about 4-5 years now and i'm very bored with them.

3. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

really? man, the first time i rolled i had smoked a shit load of dro about 30 mins after chewing the tab, and i was basically on my ass stoned, but when the tab hit, it completely took over the high. the stoned feeling went completely away, and up came to tab. i dunno if thats just me, but i understand its the same with lsd and mushrooms and it having no effect. anyways.

eat_some_LSD: so 5-HTP is a legal over the counter drug that builds serontonin? how does this drug work. like how is it dirrected to work mg and how much to take and what the effects are after takeing them and blah blah. it interests me because i have heard of prozak and stuff to build it back up while your coming down from the roll so you dont feel all cracked out, but never heard of building up your serontonin but through the natural process..

4. eat_some_LSD

eat_some_LSD Senior Member

You can find more info on it at Erowid by looking through the Nootropics (Smart Drugs) archive where it's listed under Tryptorphan (a similar chemical that's metabolized into 5-HTP inside the body).

It's completely legal and is sold as a dietary supplement. You can buy a bottle of 34 50-mg capsules at Wal*Mart for $6-7, or a bottle of 60 100-mg at GNC for about $24. I generally take 100 mg a day along with my multi-vitamin, and when planning an experience I begin pre-loading 24 hours ahead of time (100 mg before bed and 100 mg with each meal the day of)...most people might consider that to be a little overload, though I haven't had any problems with it so far.

5-HTP has no recreational value, though I recommend a regular serving for anyone who uses serotonin-heavy substances.

5. eternity00

eternity00 Member

I believ it is because psychedelic means it gives u enriched spiritual viewpoint. Psych also means things that have to do with the brain. Ive tripped multiple triptamines and phenes and roling enriched my mind.

6. localhippy

localhippy Senior Member

exactly right. and you know what it seems everytime i read a post from you your always bashing other people and trying to convince everyone lsd is the best thing since breathing air. oh well i could be wrong.

7. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

"Enriched your mind." What does that mean? Psychedelic doesn't mean "things that have to do with the brain." IDK if you mean the prefix 'psych,' sure that has to do with the mind, but months ago when this thread died, that's not what we were talking about lol. I can see clearly that the rolls have 'enriched' your mind.

Exactly right? IDK I've done around ~400 mg's of MDA in one sitting, doesn't even come close to being psychedelic like LSD is. It's an empathogen, and the whole lot of the drugs is shite. This is my opinion (after taking them a bunch), feel free to bash it like I bash yours, it's your right. I'm guessing you think I bash people because I'm not going to be some fake mother fucker acting nice like I love everyone and everything. When someone says something I don't agree with, I'll voice my opinion. I guess next time I should just sit in the back of the classroom afraid to raise my hand because what I say might make you cry?

Anywho, People who do mad e's end up like fucking meth addicts looking all trashy, their teeth all fucked up, lying for no reason, snapping randomly.... but the worst part of all is how MD* makes people think everybody they know is their friend and their bonds are deep.

O and BTW, sliced bread is the greatest thing since breathing... but LSD is the greatest thing since sliced bread. ;)

8. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Agreed :)

I've only rolled once, but I can already tell that it will get old really quick. Tripping seems new everytime and continues to open doors to different levels of psychedelic bliss.

9. seancourt

seancourt Free Your Mind

although fun, rolling is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING compared to acid or mushrooms or any of the other psychedelics i enjoy, 2ce's i agree with you, LSD is the greatest thing since sliced bread, right on brother

10. eat_some_LSD

I whole-heartedly agree that there will never be a replacement for LSD, however, like the point of this topic originally intended to dispute, a few of the MDxx compounds can be psychedelic at higher doses and shouldn't necessarily be overlooked simply because they're good targets for abuse...

Can't we all just hit a bong?

11. eternity00

eternity00 Member

12. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

why would one pill release all the serotonin in your brain? you would die if all the serotonin was released from your brain....?

13. eternity00

eternity00 Member

no not really u just get really depressed. They have actually taking the amydglada out of animals and it just takes away all emotion and they are just really bland. Its crazy.But u have to take a lot of X to get all the serotonin depleted but it comes back really slowly and u can take 5-htp pills to help brining it back

14. ashers

ashers Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Its nice though :p

15. 2cesarewild

lol, A few of us here have also taken classes at universities that deal with psychology. I stopped talking about ecstasy as a psych many months ago because all anyone (save a couple people who offered good responses) would say is "you've never gotten an MDA pill" or "It definitely is psychedelic." Alright sorry but one pill of anything MD* doesn't make me think 'psychedelic' when I'm doing 25 mg's of 2c-e or 4-6 blotters when I usually trip. But thanks for the perfect example of how all the classes, books, and degrees in the world can't make a dumbass smart. Like this sentence for example: MDMA is a phenethylamine and if you know anything about the Book Pihkal it talks about 2C-B MdMA and escaline type drugs and they are all considered psychedelic and the guy that made the book is known as the "stepfather of Ecstasy". Where the fuck were you going with that sentence? Just rambling random facts that you have learned along the way as to maybe make it sound like you know what you're talking about? I think we all know who Shulgin is, what he did, and that MDMA is a phenethylamine. A question for you is what makes YOU consider ecstasy a psychedelic, even though its effects at relatively normal dosages are far different than other psychedelics? O WAIT... I don't think you can find that answer in your textbook, sucks for you. Maybe you can answer with "rollz inrichd my mind," and just leave it at that.

If you can't muster up a substantial response, but instead choose to use empty semantics to explain your stance on ecstasy as a psychedelic (enriched with WHAT?), then you're probably better off not posting. Actually, this thread is better off dead like it was, because no one is going to offer any kind of development here.

When this thread started off, I said I couldn't imagine ecstasy as a psychedelic. Because that is true, it's not like I tried rolling once and posted that either. I wore rolling out like my hemp shoes, but found a guy who had REALLY pushed limits with rolling at high doses, something I never really tried doing: eat_some_lsd. eat_some_lsd had pointed out months ago in this thread, MD* is more like a psychedelic at very high dosages; dosages higher than what most people have ever heard of being ingested. I highly doubt you have taken .8-1 g of molly at one time or anything close. Compare a more "normal" dosage however of 100 milligrams of mdma and a tab of acid. Tell me which is 'psychedelic' and which is like speeding while being nice to people.

16. SpidermanUFO's

SpidermanUFO's Member

2cearewild---just because E is not as mindblowing, intense, enlightening as lsd does not mean it is not a psycedelic! md*'s ARE psycedelic. I dont use E anymore cause i have found drugs that i get more out of. But none the less , no matter how insignificant or small the mindblowing experence on E is, it IS STILL A PSYCEDELIC EXPERENCE! hahaha. MD*'s are a different drug/catorgory than Lsd! so it offers different aspects. I have learned alot from it but E did get old/boring for me personalyy. just cause you dont like it doesnt mean its noy as good. It is like saying herion is a better painkiller than lsd, so therefore herion is BETTER! NO! each drug has a purpose and does a good job doing what it does. I would choose lsd over E anyday, but thats MY opinion. MDMA is Shulgins favorite chemical btw.

17. 2cesarewild

Thanks for agreeing with me lol...

You say it's a psychedelic then say it belongs to a different category of drugs than LSD. Really, if you're going to prove me right don't start off your post by contradicting me.

LSD is one of the four classics, and when anyone thinks psychedelic, L should be the first one to pop in your head. Ever heard of "the sixties" or "hippies?" or even "good music?" Now ask yourselves what came out of ectsasy blowing up? The slow decline of the LSD industry, e-tards grinding their teeth to pieces and hugging everyone, lots of shitty rave music, gangsters at phish shows blasting rap in the lots slanging rolls, wtf man. Seems like the perfect fucking drug for the current climate here in the land of oppurtunity. Made cheap, a lot easier for a clandestine chemist to synth, sells high, and has everyone fooled.

MDMA gets old and boring because it is shit. I've seen what it does to people from abuse or long term USE. Besides, this thread isn't about what kind of drugs I or anyone else likes, this is about MDMA as a psychedelic.... you noted in the last post it belongs to a separate class of drugs.

BTW Owsley's favorite is still LSD. It's not like it matters what is who's favorite chem cause it's all opinion, but you can find an interview with him in which he talks about why he doesn't like MDMA, which I read long before I had even tried rolling. It makes more sense to me now. Look for it if you're interested, I'm sure you can find it on google.

18. SpidermanUFO's

SpidermanUFO's Member

ya it is a different class of psycedelics, i agree. and yes E HAS taken lsd out of the market. easier to sell , easier to make and easy to market. Plus all the E nowadays is POOR quality and fake sometimes. but the rave scene is better than a bunch of crackheads/junkies from the era before. I just think its sad that people use E to get fucked up as well, not for therapy. I think people should use chemicals for TOOLS not for just a drug. E does serve as a good theraputic tool and has many benefits, but lsd is far better. and people who have done both would mostly agree with me.
    i just think lsd can be TOO life altering or intense for some people. and i think E would be a good intro to psycedlics for people that are scared. after people try "weaker" psycedelics then i would urge them to move on to things like dmt/lsd/shrooms.

19. 2cesarewild

Yes too intense can be the case for some people, so an introduction might be in order with weaker tools... however ecstasy has become the de facto replacement for LSD. This is just fucked because whereas LSD has a lot of history of use for mind expansion, ecstasy got popular as a party drug (well i know first as a therapy drug, but how long did it take for the therapists to start bringing it to nightclubs with them?) yet somehow it was a huge contributor to the decline of LSD. It's sad for people like me, it distances me from my peers. Not saying that everybody needs drugs to find your group of friends or whatever, but the modes of thought that were heavily brought out in me by tripping are totally alien to most everybody I know. I seem like a nutcase sometimes to people because I'm not preoccupied with money, material, competition, and all the other shit that LSD will 'cure' you of. As of late, this is a serious beef I have with the way Americans are taught to think. But that's off topic, actually this response was mostly off topic lol...

20. eat_some_LSD

Yes indeed, I have experienced this as well. However, we can't blame the shallow morale of modern American youth on Ecstasy, in fact, it would be quite the other way around. The MDx chems are, IMO, merely a casuality of the new-wave of wannabe gangsters and the unfortunate "replacement" for the hippie movement (read: ravers). Honestly I nearly vomit everytime I see the acronym "PLUR", because it's usually being spouted by some suburbanite white kid dressed up in $400 UFO's who gets a kick out of slingin' half-assed rolls for $20 to the poor, unwitting soul that has to deal with these kinds of assholes for a quick buzz.

Just my $0.02. ;)